Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the next update: Please make the background the easy shade of blue that we're all used to :)

What is the number on the app on my phone screen. You know how you have a number showing when you have a new email, I have that with this app and just want to know what it means.

This is probably a subscription notification. Open the app and then look at the bottom of the screen.

At the bottom right there is a "button" that says 'More' under three dots. Pressing "More" brings up a menu page, the top of which is "Subscribed" (like going to the list in "User CP." When you have read the posts in subscribed threads the number will go away.

yeah i'm loving this app... but mine cost $2.49? :scratch: it's called "forum runner", it prompted me to download it when i went on to interference and then it took me about 20 minutes to actually find interference. but it's cool and it loads fast.

:up: from me

:shifty: that was the only one I could find too . . . often times the apps available in Oz vary somewhat from those available in the US app store; who knows why, mayhaps cuz our market is smaller ???? . . . oh, and I caved, and paid and :love: being able to flick around interference on my phone :up:

Purple and cobl does your app look like this?

interfapp.jpg

The company we hired to develop this app hopes to create Blackberry and Windows 7 Mobile apps as well. We cannot give an ETA for those though.

Our app (as Sicy highlighted in post #38) should be 100% free. You should not have to pay a thing for it. If you paid, could you please forward your receipt to support at interference.com?

Also want to mention that with the app you can take photos and upload them immediately via any thread. So for the shows it will be really convenient. On the iphone if you open any thread and hit reply, there is an 'attachments' button. Just click that, add attachment, and either from Camera or from Library.

Won't those still post as Premium only attachments?

Also, now I can't remember what it was, but I went to do something today and it told me I had to install forumrunner to do it. I'll try and remember what it was :fail:

Testing attachment

Attachments

• image-166215081.jpg
    image-166215081.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 89
Okay, I just searched the app store again using U2 webzine etc as listed above and the app (as displayed on the iPhone above) came up . . . it is free and it works! :cute: . . . when I searched using U2 webzine etc over the weekend it took me straight to an app called Forum Runner with the icon of a little stick figure running and I then had to search for Interference, no cocktail logo or anything but everything about the forum looks the same and runs the same way except perhaps for the photo thing . . .

And the free one is BETTER :)

Thanks for looking into it . . . hoping it's not a case of operator error :uhoh: . . . and if it is . . . at least I'm in good company :lol:

yeah i found the U2 Fan app searching for it in the store. obviously better than Forum Runner because when it shits itself occasionally you don't have to search through all the categories again.

there's also just been an update for it so you can pull up to update from the bottom, which is great for setlist parties.

Thanks Andy for getting us a mobile app! I'm on the road a lot these days so I visit a lot on my android.

Btw, great job on the app, it runs great on my droid x!

One thing I'd suggest - instead of showing the user who created the thread above the title, it'd be better if it showed who posted in that thread last. Dunno if that's possible or not, just a thought. :)

^ that makes sense . . . but I just love that the threads are bolded when new comments have been posted :)

< just noticed something a tiny bit odd . . . a post I made yesterday is showing in full when I view it on my computer, but when I view it on my phone via the iPhone app, only the first line of the post shows :crack:

here is the post I am referring too

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-33-333333333333-a-209078-12.html#post7102512

(ground breaking post I know :reject: ~ cuz seriously, the world needs to know all about my hair colour :lol: )

on my phone I can only see the :camera: :wink: enjoy portion of the post

at this stage I haven't viewed any other posts simultaneously on phone and computer to see how often it is happening, just thought I'd mention it :shrug:

ta much xx

Oh wow.. it just happened to me too, I could only see this part of your post

^ that makes sense . . . but I just love that the threads are bolded when new comments have been posted :)

But then I clicked on it, and it opened up the full post.. weird. I'm assuming that is to condense space so that we can read more posts per page or whatever, but that would be annoying to have to click each post to open up the full message. Will ask..

Back
Top Bottom