Forum Downtime 11/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
An exploit in our software was taken advantage of by some hackers who linked to a malicious site. It appears there was a little over 4 hours between the time it happened and the time we took the servers offline Thursday.

In an effort to minimize damage to the board we opted to shut everything down while we investigated the issue and formulated a game plan. Our team (server admins, programmers, and software vendors) coordinated and developed a plan to remove the malicious files and secure the servers. We believe that forum members should not have any system issues associated with this so long they didn't visit the malicious site AND install anything.

While the service interruption was unfortunate, it was important to us to make sure this issue was fully addressed before returning to business as usual. Protecting our community from this kind of intrusion is paramount and we'll post more info here as it becomes available. It's possible that we may need to continue tweak the forum setup and if so, we may have another service interruption.

We thank you for understanding.

There wasn't any way they could've gotten to personal information like passwords and the like, could they?

There wasn't any way they could've gotten to personal information like passwords and the like, could they?

No. Their goal was to unleash some malicious sites onto Interference, not to bother with people's passwords and the like.

This was my concern too, as I tend to be lazy with passwords sometimes. Good to know there's nothing to worry about.

OMG it's back!

I missed you so. *hugs forum*

:hug:

:shifty:

I totally did not just do the same thing in the Superthead. :shifty:

The site might be slow for a while just FYI as they are still running some scans.

Was the hacking done by anyone on this forum? Will we see some new bannings soon? :hyper:
I mean, we have pissed of some people here that KNOW people. :)

It's BACK! :sad: Thank god!
Completely understandable you guys took the site down, safety first.

Soooo, was it the guy that KNOWS people? :shifty:

IT'S BACK!!

snoopy.gif

We're still working to restore the gallery and front pages.. Thanks for your patience :wave:

Wow, well even though I'm still unable to enter interference via the home page, at least was able to get in via my 'user cp' page that I have bookmarked! :up:

Bloody bastard hackers, let me have at 'em! :madwife:

Back
Top Bottom