Forum Downtime 11/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really missed this place . :hug:

Thank you , to everyone behind the scenes working to get the website back up and running . :applaud:

Thank goodness this place is back,I go worried there for a while that something really bad happened,but it was taken care of quickly than other places. Cause most places don't usually come back after something like that.
Thanks Sicy and crew,you guys rock! :rockon::heart:

Yes , its back :hyper: Thanks for taking care of this so professionally.
I really appreciate that and I think others do to.

Excuse my ignorance folks....but for what reason did people hack the site? what did they hope to acheive? Am not very clued up on the psychology of hackers:wink:

Wow...I hope I never have to experience Blue Crack withdrawl ever again :crack:

:wink:

Thanks to all for getting it back online, my hubby works IT--so I know what it takes.

Oh and Hackers SUX.....

Excuse my ignorance folks....but for what reason did people hack the site? what did they hope to acheive? Am not very clued up on the psychology of hackers:wink:

They hacked to get people to click on malicious advertisements. If you'd click the link, they could install spyware/malware, viruses and stuff like that.

I can't believe how much I missed the site while it was down. I was really worried :sad:

Thank you all for doing such a great job and fixing this :up:

:sad: Interference died for me at home. I tried deleting cookies and everything, but I just get a page cannot be found. Happened last night, tried rebooting twice but it didn't help.
Some other sites didn't load for me either, but most did. What can be the cause of this?

I'm posting from uni now btw.

:sad: Interference died for me at home. I tried deleting cookies and everything, but I just get a page cannot be found. Happened last night, tried rebooting twice but it didn't help.
Some other sites didn't load for me either, but most did. What can be the cause of this?

I'm posting from uni now btw.

This has happened to me before too Gg, twice now. One of the times the only way we were able to fix it was for Andy to actually do it himself because the site was suddenly for some reason only recognizing my computer as basically a banned account. :huh: (it wouldn't even let the mods do it)
I can't remember how we fixed it the second time... lemme think a minute... :hmm:

Ok I can't remember :(

But I know I always had more problems with Interference and IE, than I have with Interference and Firefox.

Did you also clear your history along with the cookies?

Did you try going through u2.interference.com? Maybe check your virus program.. could it have blocked interference after the stuff that happened last week?

I think that may have been it. I turned off the virus program, turned off my pc for the night. Now I turned it back on, loaded virusscan and Interference works again. Weird.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Rubber Ducky may be the one and that makes bathtime so much fun.

But it is Interference that is the one, that makes breaktime at work so much more fun.

Honest, it's only at breaktime. No, really. NO, really!

:happydance::cabbagepatch::yippie::dancing:

The Edge Orchestra would like to state that no work was harmed, ignored or delayed in the drafting of this post

Back
Top Bottom