FireFox users

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
...do you ever have to click on a thread three times? A few times a day I'll click on a thread and get "This document contains no data", then I click again and get "connection to www.------ was refused", then I click the third time and the thread loads. This happens to me at home and at work, so I'm just curious if it's a FireFox thing.

Yeah, I also get that sometimes. I don't know if it's a Firefox thing or just some connection hiccups. It's a bit irritating, but not enough to lure me away from the blue crack. :wink:

OK, good to know it's a FireFox + Interference thing. It doesn't happent to me anywhere else either, but it happens on all the computers I use. Pesky, but not a big deal.

Actually, I only seem to have that problem at home (where I have an ADSL connection), not here at work (don't know what we've got here, but considering the company also offers cable internet, it's probably a huge connection :)).

It happens to me too, on both PC's and our laptop. Some days it happens constantly and others, it doesn't happen at all...fiirefox is so much better though, its a small price to pay IMO :wink:

Popmartijn said:

Is the forum according to all the WWW standards? :p

:p Yes. :p

The problem you all are describing is actually a problem Netscape used to often suffer (on various sites)... and still does from time to time. It has to do with the header transfer and translation from the server to the browser... for some reason, it thinks its 'empty'... or 0 bytes.

What version are you all running?

I just noticed I was running .8, and could not duplicate the problems you're having..... I'm about to upgrade to .92

Elvis said:

Good! :up: :bow:

The problem you all are describing is actually a problem Netscape used to often suffer (on various sites)... and still does from time to time. It has to do with the header transfer and translation from the server to the browser... for some reason, it thinks its 'empty'... or 0 bytes.

Seeing that the Mozilla browser family is based on Netscape (the Gecko engine), it may seem that this problem is still not fully solved yet.

I've experienced this with several version of FireFox/Firebird/Phoenix, although I cannot remember how far back it goes. So it's not a very recent 'incident'.

*is using 0.8 at the moment, for Linux*

i'm sill using firebird, and i sometimes get a message that says 'document contains no data' or 'connection refused'

Back
Top Bottom