Feeling Left Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkEyedSprite

Babyface
:eyebrow: I do have to say I'm quite disappointed with the set-up of this site. I used to be a member when you could actually do things. I'm a college student, a fan of U2 and I love meeting U2 fans, but I can't help but feel that I'm being cheated out of the experience of this site because of the premium member fees you have to pay to access all features except posting. Honestly, I realise you have to pay to keep the site running, but you should make it more financially accomodating to those who can't afford to become premium members. Or maybe you shouldn't restrict so much access to those who aren't. I'd appreciate a reply to this.

Are you at LSSU? I spent a semester there. :)

Back on topic...

I don't like to hear that people feel left out, and I wish that you didn't. However, Elvis has made it clear that this site has grown very costly for him. When you get right down to it, a message board is a place to read and reply to messages. All members are still entitled to that, free of charge. Other functions are considered to be perks that are paid for to help defray the expenses of running this site.

I'm just a moderator though...if you wish to talk to the site owner (if he doesn't reply here), contact him at elvis@interference.com

DarkEyedSprite,

While I understand your position, you must also understand mine... and the site's. Posting and reading on this site are free, like Bonochick said. Many people here have thousands of posts, are very involved in the site/community, and aren't Premium Members.

I tried to make it as affordable as possible at $1/mo (if you pay for a year), or $2/mo if you pay monthly. Any less expensive and we'd be spending more money on the cost to process the transactions than what would be contributed to paying for the site to run.

3 cents a day.... wow... you make it sound so cheap :|

lol

when it's put that way, it really does make it hard to argue with that it's too expensive.

bonosloveslave said:
:angel:

People do have their priorities I guess - but I know I could gather $1 each month just from the cushions in my car :shrug:

Can I clean your car?
:love:

I never find any money in mine.
:grumpy:

But I do have some Money Pants. They're actually Money Pants Mark II as years ago there was the original, these maroon jeans which had notes in the pockets all the time. Now mysteriously there is a pair of green cargos which frequently have $10 notes in them.. On occasion it will be a fiver or twenty, but the number of $10 notes I find in these is really unexplainable. It's a family joke.
:shifty:

for me it's the principle of it. and while i understand elvis' position 110%, i'm just not willing to pay to talk on the internet

i must say i do miss the ability to pm people, for i feel kind of out of the loop now. obviously some of that is the fact that the rate i post at has declined heavily. but there are some members here that i'd like to catch up with and see how they're doing, but i can't even find their emails because i can't see their profiles.

but i understand your position elvis.

lol. thanks k.

i must say, it shows how great the character is of most people here, considering when i come back, mostly everyone welcomes me back with open arms, considering the fact that i haven't been banned from this site is quite astonishing!

mikal said:
i must say, it shows how great the character is of most people here, considering when i come back, mostly everyone welcomes me back with open arms, considering the fact that i haven't been banned from this site is quite astonishing!

Yeah...because you can be quite the ass.

But you're cute, so I let it slide. :wink:

:hug:

Bonochick said:

But you're cute, so I let it slide. :wink:

:hug:

if i had a nickel for everytime someone has said this to me........

hi bonochick! when you gonna see me sing down in titletown?

I was thinking about trying to go back home to stay with my sister for a week or so once spring hits...swinging through GB could make the To Do list. I'd love to see you!

I'm ok with the cost of premium membership, but this is the first site that I have come across that was a "pay site". It makes perfect sense though, it costs money to run these things.
I have a feeling I'll be warping the cyber-plastic posting here!:wink: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom