ERROR: You are not logged in....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
You are not logged in....

When I write a long post or PM, i cant seem to get it sent as it just says I'm not logged in.
It happens to me all the time with posts, now it just happened again while i was tring to send a PM.
I know I should jsut remember to copy it first, but really - if youre using the PM system, how the hell can you not be logged in? Doesnt make sense.
I know there isnt any way to keep certain accidents from happening, but cant your log in session be lengthened somehow?
Dont get me wrong, its not that big of a deal to me of course. Its just pretty annoying.

This has happened to me a few times..

And instead of making a new post, I can't vote in polls anymore. :huh: It always says I'm not logged in, even when I AM logged in.

Ugh.. I receive emails from users all the time about this.

I dont know... I just tell them to go to usercp in their options and make sure the two options for cookies being set is set to yes.

Try this and let me know if it works.

If not I'll have to ask Elvis.

flyingdutchman said:
Maybe it's because you don't have your cookies on??
Maybe you must look at your browser's options and then you can see if your cookies are on! :lemon:

Unfortunately my cookies (lol) are turned on.. :huh:

What really bugs the fuk outta me, is when u write something long or short, and post it, and maybe a message comes up sayin theres a prob, or ur postin under the 60 second rule, and when u backtrack to ur 'reply' page, everything u wrote has gone.......competely and u gotta start all over again.........it NEVER did this in the last forum, before the big change......

:mad:

one thing you can do to avoid that is instead of backtracking just wait and refresh the page. It will tell you that you have to "retry" but once you hit ok, it usually just posts it. At least that has been my experience.

Usually, if I'm doing a big post or a post soon after I just posted, I just highlight all the text and do a right-click Copy. Then, if I do lose it, I can just right-click Paste it back, if I lose it. :)

Argh.. I can't vote in polls at all now. It keeps saying to retry the command, but it never works. I've logged in and out several times to see if it would make a difference, but I still can't vote.

Re: You are not logged in....

Miss MacPhisto said:
When I write a long post or PM, i cant seem to get it sent as it just says I'm not logged in.
It happens to me all the time with posts, now it just happened again while i was tring to send a PM.
I know I should jsut remember to copy it first, but really - if youre using the PM system, how the hell can you not be logged in? Doesnt make sense.
I know there isnt any way to keep certain accidents from happening, but cant your log in session be lengthened somehow?
Dont get me wrong, its not that big of a deal to me of course. Its just pretty annoying.

If you're an AOL user.... which is most likely true...
please see the thread:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61088

Otherwise, make sure that your cookies and password options are turned ON in your USERCP.

Thanks!!! :)

I'm not an AOL user, though...But i did set it to on for the cookies. I havent had any problems since doing that, though I also havent tried to post anything of great length. I'm sure itll be ok though, thanks again

siceee... help meee.

I am having the same problem as Miss MacPhisto's original problem. I keep having to log on every step I take. I can't even read Lemonade Stand (or other forums that require login) no matter how many times I log in.

Yes, my cookies are set to 'yes'.

Yes, my browser cookies are fine.

Yes, I've not had this problem before, which means my browser oughta be fine.

I'm not sure if famous rungi is having the same problem, but I'd really like foray to be okay.

foray

Back
Top Bottom