EAIAC, EPIAT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
has 1 post in over 2 weeks

since there are so many forums already, it might be a good idea to get rid of it and just use EYKIW to discuss U2 books?

i also think it would be good to do the same for IAMJ, but i dont wanna push my luck

The fact that books are published in waves and, unlike album releases, do not generate much speculation partially explains the infrequent posts. imo It's still nice to have a place designated for such discussions. As for eliminating IAMJ ... I like that forum! It may not be the most frequently visited, but I enjoy reading/contributing lyrical interpretations. Not to mention it gave us the "sexual messages in U2's songs" thread. :lol:

but that's just my opinion. Let's wait and see what others think. :corn:

even when a new book is released its not like there are lots of threads for it to deserve its own forum. i mean if a new book is released i think 1 thread about it in EYKIW would be sufficient without clogging up that forum.

that forum has had 1 post this month, does anybody really ever go there?

Last edited:
EAIAC - never even been to that forum. I had to go look to see what it was :reject: When I had a book question (for Maddy), I posted it in Lemonade Stand :shrug:

maybe it could be opened up to discuss books generally? we've got a movie/tv forum, b and c for music, why not one for books and literature?

there have been a few threads about books tossed into lemonade stand on occasion, but they sunk like boulders with all other stuff going on in there.

reading :drool:

I'd love to see a place to discuss books in general as well. Is there any reason the existing U2 book forum can't be turned into a books-in-general thread?

dandy said:
maybe it could be opened up to discuss books generally? we've got a movie/tv forum, b and c for music, why not one for books and literature?

there have been a few threads about books tossed into lemonade stand on occasion, but they sunk like boulders with all other stuff going on in there.

reading :drool:

that is a wonderful idea :up:

Chizip said:
has 1 post in over 2 weeks

since there are so many forums already, it might be a good idea to get rid of it and just use EYKIW to discuss U2 books?

i also think it would be good to do the same for IAMJ, but i dont wanna push my luck

A forum's sustainability and value are not determined by the frequency of new posts made, nor by the number of threads created. Subject matter, quality, reference and archival value or just some of the other factors in keeping a 'slow' forum around. Taxonomy isn't such a bad thing.

In regards to a new books and literature sub-forum in LS, I'm open to the idea. How many threads exist now that would be relevant to that...?

I dont think its a bad idea to open EAIAC to all books in general. A simple forum description change would take care of that.

Sicy said:
I dont think its a bad idea to open EAIAC to all books in general. A simple forum description change would take care of that.

I'd like to keep U2 related topics independent of general (non-u2) topics.

Chizip said:
even when a new book is released its not like there are lots of threads for it to deserve its own forum. i mean if a new book is released i think 1 thread about it in EYKIW would be sufficient without clogging up that forum.

that forum has had 1 post this month, does anybody really ever go there?

It's sad that there's so little action in that forum. I started a thread in there about a book I had just read about U2, titled Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics. That was in November. I bumped the thread again in February. It seems I am the only Interferencer who has read that book. No one has commented.
A few weeks ago I read another U2 book, One Step Closer. I didn't even bother to post about it, as I assumed no one would be interested or respond. :shrug:

There's been plenty of discussion about the Bono books, of course.

biff said:

It's sad that there's so little action in that forum. I started a thread in there about a book I had just read about U2, titled Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics. That was in November. I bumped the thread again in February. It seems I am the only Interferencer who has read that book. No one has commented.
A few weeks ago I read another U2 book, One Step Closer. I didn't even bother to post about it, as I assumed no one would be interested or respond. :shrug:

There's been plenty of discussion about the Bono books, of course.

The problem is I don't think 99% of the members here ever check that forum. I bet if you had posted that thread in EYKIW it would have gotten at least some action. That's why I think it would be better if that forum was deleted, or used for something else, and then just use EYKIW for book discussion.

Sure taxonomy is super, but if a forum is so dead that it discourages people from starting topics because of lack of discussion, then that can't be a good thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom