Discussion of banned/suspended members - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Mods in all this mess.

I think the things are basically fine the way they are now: if you have issues about a banning (in particular if this was your Interference pal - these debates only ever come up when a well known member is gone), email mods and deal with this in private. We get an explanation for bannings each and every time. And when it comes down to it, the real debate is between the banned person and mods. No member post can change that, be it banned member defense (including the avatar protest) or gloating about the ban. I don't think anyone will change anyone's opinion on any given ban.

YlimeU2's post

Old 06-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
Mods in all this mess.
Quite frankly, they brought themselves in this mess.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #18
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Copy

Quite frankly, I think you need to refrain from insulting the mods. We can't control how members behave, and if they choose to break the rules that have been set, action has to be taken. People have nobody to blame but themselves.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:44 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Copy

The members did it to themselves by not listening to the mods and instead of suggesting a discussion in this forum, posting all over the place.

The controversy is over the top and unnecessary.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

So, I realize that I am about 6 days and $113 short on this argument, but why is it that this forum is so heavily moderated?

I'm always shocked at how much the mods here get involved with petty things? Has it always been that way or did it arise out of actual incidents?

thanks,
Old 08-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #21
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Well, I don't make the rules, I just enforce them. Personally though, I just want this to be a friendly, welcoming environment. I sometimes think it's sad that we have to step in so much, that people can't just be nice and civil to each other. Ideally, the mods should just have to do things like close threads once they reach 1,000 posts, move threads if they get posted in the wrong forum, help members if they have a question about the forum...things like that. I don't understand why some people feel the need to start trouble and be disrespectful towards others.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks for the response BC.

I've seen a number of incidents (and I realize that it is patently unfair for me to make that comment without giving concrete examples, but I'm heading out so I can't) in which it seemed that mods jumped into situations that were not rude or disrespectful, but heated 'disagreements'. When the members involved responded they were told to 'not talk back to mods'. Is that not a bit heavy handed?

Now, I am not against mods. I really appreciate the mods we have on the board. You guys are doing a thankless job - its a job that I would certainly never sign up for! But, I wonder if the rules on the forum aren't a little tight.

Of course, I haven't been posting here for as long as many of you, so these rules might have arisen as reactions to situations that got out of control. Thats why I ask.

Well, I'm heading out for about a week, so I'll read your response when I get back! Stay cool (and I mean that both literally and figuratively - it's f-ing hot out there!).
Old 08-11-2007, 05:09 PM   #23
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I admit, there have been instances where I have already told a member to drop discussion and/or not contact me about it. However, this usually only happens when:

1. I feel that conversation has already been exhausted, and we'd just be repeating ourselves, so there's no need to just continue in circles.

2. The member and/or problem has been an ongoing thing where I know people know better. Therefore, I'd consider any further discussion to be pointless.

Basically, it's not that I'm trying to slam down an iron fist or refuse to communicate with people...it's just so that we don't continue the same argument back and forth. I don't see a point to it.

In general, I have no problem discussing things with members, on or off the board, depending on which is more ideal. But there are some instances where I know that continuing a discussion is going to result in going nowhere, as we just keep rehashing the same thing.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I don't understand why some people feel the need to start trouble and be disrespectful towards others.
Some people think the internet gives them the freedom and/or right to be assholes, because they can hide behind their own screen name and not think of the other screen names as just names on a screen and not actual people.

And some people are just immature assholes.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:29 AM
^
Old 08-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:29 AM
Ding we have a winner. Maybe that's the only reason some people are here . It can sure seem to be the case.