Direct link to somebody's posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Say, there is a long thread with several posts and you don't wanna go thru the whole thread but do want to check out a certain person's replies in there... how do you do it? Right now I don't think there is any way without scrolling thru page after page and finding the person's reply.

It would be cool if that window that pops up showing Total Posts and who posted how many, could perhaps link us to maybe the first post of each poster. You know what I'm saying?

Maybe in that window that pops up, it could say something like ''show posts by this user in this thread''.

If that's possible :D

For example:

Joshua Tree thread:
phanan 46
U2FanPeter 42
Axver 35
U2girl 31
Utoo 29

Even if those numbers on the right are made to link to the respective user's first posts in the thread, that would be cool. If it links to a listing of all their replies on one page, that would be very cool!

Oh yeah, I do that too! But that won't help as much if the person is a total post whore and the thread you're looking at is a little old. :lol:

I think this is a pretty good idea. For example, when the "what's the history of Mercy" question comes up every 6 months, I know the exact two or three posts I want to find to quote. The problem is that they're buried in 25-page-long threads. So, I can search for "mercy" in posts by Utoo in EYKIW, but that still leaves me a good ten to twenty minutes that I'll need to search through the pages for the post I want.

I don't know exactly how it could be done, but yeah, it'd be awesome to be able to click only through the posts made by a certain user. Some day, domehow! :wink:

Ok, had a chat with Elvis. While your original idea is a little difficult to do, he has however added 'Link to this post' on every post. :drool:

You could always still search manually by putting in the title of the thread, and the users name and it should bring up all their posts in that thread.

Sicy said:
You could always still search manually by putting in the title of the thread, and the users name and it should bring up all their posts in that thread.

I just searched with the words "Joshua Tree Limited edition phanan" and picked entire posts in EYKIW as the option... and got zero results. :slant:

Well, thanks to Elvis for adding this new link feature but I don't see how it helps my original question at all, unless I'm not seeing something here.

ETA: Okay, you can give somebody the link to an interesting post? I see... that's cool.

Back
Top Bottom