Dimensions for Signature image

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I know that it lists the recommended dimensions or something,

300x120 I think

But is it okay if you go over that? I know there is a limit as far as the bottom of the post/page goes, but the width, not sure about that.

I'm in the process of making something and I just want to get the biggest area for an image without being obnoxious or breaking any rules or anything

Thanks

The signature will automatically cut off width and heighth that exceeds the maximum dimensions.

ah, okay. For some reason I thought I saw a sig that was bigger than that or something. Maybe it was somewhere else

thanks

no ive seen sigs that have been wider than that on here, i dont know how that happens though

Bonochick said:
The signature will automatically cut off width and heighth that exceeds the maximum dimensions.
Bonochick said:
Bonochick said:
Bonochick said:
Bonochick said:
i can put a 1600x1200 picture in my sig if i want. but my sig will not become longer or wider to accommodate it. it will be cut off.

Last edited:
Well Chizip thinks he's slick by making it all one color so that you cant tell that it's cut off.

Sicy said:
Well Chizip thinks he's slick by making it all one color so that you cant tell that it's cut off.

Really?

*goes testing*

untitled1.jpg

KhanadaRhodes said:

my sig doesn't appear cut off on my monitor, and that's all that matters :drool:

That's weird.. the words at the bottom are cut off slightly on my screen.

Mines' 1280 x 1024 but I'm wondering why that would make a difference. :der:

This is what it looks like on my screen.

Attachments

• khansig.jpg
    khansig.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 73
dudes, my sig is 350 pixels wide and it is not cut off

at least not on my screen

:huh:

see, this is the original pic, 350 pixels wide

its the same width as in the sig

untitled1.jpg

I guess the settings actually are 350x120. I just previewed a ginormous Ryan Adams picture in my sig and took a screenshot of how it cut off so I could measure it, and those were the dimensions.

Sicy said:
How can that be possible?? :huh:

Yeah, I've wondered about Khanda's signature for a while, too.

I wonder why it is that way :eyebrow:
That's how it looks for me, on my cpu - the words on the bottom are cut off.

This size for the signature is indeed 350x120 pixels.
You can put anything you want in your sig, but it will be restricted to these dimensions when displayed on the forum. This is done using DHTML/CSS. There is NO way anyone can have more than 350x120 pixels be displayed.

The reason that some sigs MAY appear cut off for some people and not others will, in most cases, be due to the text/fonts used. Every browser has font size controls, as well... each operating system XP/OSX/Linux/Etc handle font sizes and display slightly differently.

The mysteries of the universe have now been revealed.... any more questions? ;)

Back
Top Bottom