Delete posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

00Kevin

War Child
I think non-premium members should be allowed to delete their posts. I'm sure everyone here has posted when they didn't mean to and being able to delete their posts should not be a privelage only available to premium members since generally speaking, it is not anything special if a a non-paying member can delete their posts. Anyways I bring this up because a couple of times this past week i've posted and then decided i didn't want to say that, and since i couldn't delete it i had to edit it and it just was one big inconveniance.

I wanna be able to delete other people's posts. Now that would be fun. :evil:

bonosgirl84 said:
it's the internet.

if you don't want to say it, don't.

Well sometimes i've said something, and then hit the post button, and then read the entire thread, and found someone said the exact same thing as me, or i just didn't mean to say something so having to ask the mods to delete it, or editing it is just inconvienant

wow, i just looked at your profile. i didn't realize you were so young.

listen, just try to be careful what you say online. you can always preview your post before you hit submit. or sometimes, if a thread has made me kind of mad, i'll type out a reply and then copy and save it and maybe get up and do something else for a bit before i actually post it. most of the time i will change my mind before i'll blast somebody.

i always try to read the entire thread before i post, even if it's long. but if you can't do that, then i don't think it's a very big deal if someone else has already said the same thing you do. maybe you could start the post with "sorry if this has already been mentioned..." or something similar.

in this situation, i think '78 is right. if we had the option of deleting our posts, there sure would be a lot of threads around here that don't make any sense, if there were any at all, lol.

anyway, just be careful what you post, have fun, and don't worry about it. :)

Personally, I think it would be reasonable to allow a user to delete a topic within 5 minutes of creating it and to delete a post within 60 minutes--equal to the time that someone could just go in, clear out their post, and say "nevermind."

I do agree it would be a bit chaotic to allow people to delete posts and topics weeks and months after they were written.

Just my opinion.

Melon

melon said:
Personally, I think it would be reasonable to allow a user to delete a topic within 5 minutes of creating it and to delete a post within 60 minutes--equal to the time that someone could just go in, clear out their post, and say "nevermind."

I do agree it would be a bit chaotic to allow people to delete posts and topics weeks and months after they were written.

Just my opinion.

Melon

:yes: That sort of better explains what i was asking for than how i worded it.

melon said:

Just my opinion.

Melon

I agree. Sometimes I search for threads and can't find them, then post, and then find the same topic or remember where it was. Or, I post a thread and the same topic has already been discussed, but in a thread that went off-topic. I hate having to bug the mods everytime I need to delete something stupid.

As melon said.. editing one's post and putting 'nevermind' will have to be the answer. Deleting posts wont be a feature thats added anytime soon.

Elvis said:
As melon said.. editing one's post and putting 'nevermind' will have to be the answer. Deleting posts wont be a feature thats added anytime soon.

Why Not, I think it seems reasonable, and unless there is some bigger reason not to, I don't see why it can't be added.

Nevermind always lets you know the person posted something rude, and everyone assumes the worst anyway. It would be better to just get rid of the whole post. Most boards have that, I don't know why we can't do it here. Just our own posts, no one else's of course. Maybe only if we reach a certain status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom