Community Downtime this Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy, do you know if anything can be done with the capslock filter? Like, not putting a letter in it or so?

because :D gets really screwed by it. :(

Unfortunately on the new software, the setting is basically to stop 'shouting' in thread titles as well as in forum posts. On the old board the same setting was only to stop shouting in thread titles. Basically its either all or nothing, and all caps in a thread title is really obnoxious.

Unfortunately on the new software, the setting is basically to stop 'shouting' in thread titles as well as in forum posts. On the old board the same setting was only to stop shouting in thread titles. Basically its either all or nothing, and all caps in a thread title is really obnoxious.

Aw. Poor :D.

Or can't it be set that the icon also works with :d? :hmm: Msn has that. All the icons work with and without caps.

Aw. Poor :D.

Or can't it be set that the icon also works with :d? :hmm: Msn has that. All the icons work with and without caps.

Yeah I could probably change it to :d .. but all the posts on this board with :D will now look like : D so I dunno, let me think about it.

No it wont let you add two diff. texts.
The only way would be to add the smilie twice. I'll look into it later.

I have a question about the Gallery and Images link under our avitars. (Sorry I know this was discussed somewhere before but I couldn't find where) I see the Images links under everyones avis but when I click them I just get a "Sorry the Gallery is closed for maintenance, check back soon" message. It has said that for a long time now. I see that mine says I have 3 images I remember putting there back when it worked, but I can't get to them anymore. When I use the Gallery link at the top of the page I can find my name but the images there are 2 old ones that I had deleted and replaced with the 3 newer ones. Sorry I'm a bit confused. :der:

I will see what I can do about it.. just waiting for Andy to fix something so that I can upload smilies again.

I have a question about the Gallery and Images link under our avitars. (Sorry I know this was discussed somewhere before but I couldn't find where) I see the Images links under everyones avis but when I click them I just get a "Sorry the Gallery is closed for maintenance, check back soon" message. It has said that for a long time now. I see that mine says I have 3 images I remember putting there back when it worked, but I can't get to them anymore. When I use the Gallery link at the top of the page I can find my name but the images there are 2 old ones that I had deleted and replaced with the 3 newer ones. Sorry I'm a bit confused. :der:
bonocomet, Sorry about the confusion. Basically what happened is we tried to convert the software from one application to another. It did not work. I have removed the software we were trying to migrate to (which had a link under the avatar). The main gallery going forward is the one that you can access at the top of the page through the Gallery link.

bonocomet, Sorry about the confusion. Basically what happened is we tried to convert the software from one application to another. It did not work. I have removed the software we were trying to migrate to (which had a link under the avatar). The main gallery going forward is the one that you can access at the top of the page through the Gallery link.

Thanks Andy :wave: I'll start over then with those gallery photos.

It seems to be the thread/post icons. Right below the message box as I type this, it's mostly red x's, and when I look at the various forum mainpages for threads that have icons, those are mostly showing up as red x's too.

I'm having the same problem. There's random red x's where there would normally be smilies on the main forum pages. Example....the :mac: smilie on the randooom thread might show up as a red x or might show up as the smilie. It's not specific to one thread or forum and it changes each time I go back to view something.

Back
Top Bottom