Coldplay Disclaimer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timothius

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm not a huge Coldplay Fan but I really do think it might be about time to remove the "Please read this BEFORE starting a Coldplay thread" thread. Seeing as how one month has passed since the release of X&Y and 2 months since the anticipation/Speed Of Sound/U2 Rip-off binge of threads commenced - I think the urge for people to post Coldplay threads may well have died down.

Infact only 1 thread directly refering to Coldplay is in the first 7 pages of B&C, and it is locked. Thus I believe that the disclaimer be deemed a sucess as it's origional aim - to prevent there being 5 simultaneous Coldplay threads appearing on the first page of B&C discussing the same things - has been realised.

Having it there any longer merely prevents any new meaningful Coldplay topics being discussed - for fear of ridicule, and furthers the anti-Coldplay stigma which is gaining momentum.

Perhaps the reason there are fewer new Coldplay threads being started is because people are actually reading the "Please Read Before Posting...." thread.

I can't for the life of me figure out how that thread being up there prevents "any new meaningful Coldplay topics being discussed" if the people if the people wishing to discuss Coldplay (or any other band) can read and comprehend what they have read.

indra said:
Perhaps the reason there are fewer new Coldplay threads being started is because people are actually reading the "Please Read Before Posting...." thread.

I can't for the life of me figure out how that thread being up there prevents "any new meaningful Coldplay topics being discussed" if the people if the people wishing to discuss Coldplay (or any other band) can read and comprehend what they have read.

As pointed out in the first post I think the Please Read Before Posting thread was a success in stopping people from posting redundant Coldplay topics again & again & again & again. But as I pointed out, the Coldplay hype as died down to a point now where the PRBP thread is no longer needed.

If any Coldplay thread gets started within the first 5 posts I can gurantee there will be a :lock: smiley posted. People immediatly think... Coldplay = Lock. In the disclaimer it asks people to post in already active threads - but at the moment I would argue there are no "active threads" in the first 140 threads - thus unless we want to encourage people to dig up 3, 6 & 12 month old threads - the request is redundant.

I see what you're saying - but I think that this discouragement of posting re: Coldplay has got a bit silly.

Back
Top Bottom