Clueless in Castro Valley - HOW TO POST PICTURES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebbieSG

Refugee
Clueless in Castro Valley

oh, the places we will go! If anyone, or any geek, can please, PLEASE, tell me how to post pictures...i am planning to get a scanner, but if there is even a slight, tiny, minute chance that there is another way, i would truelly appreciate that! :bow:

now, if I can just find that "hug" smiley, is it hidden somewhere in Elvis's den, or back parlour....:help:

If you want to post a picture from your hard drive, when you go to reply there is a section underneath the reply box that says "browse". click that then find the picture on your hard drive and attach it. Make sure the file size is under 100kb.

If you want to post a picture from the web, right click on the picture, click properties, find the URL and highlight and copy it. Paste it in your reply with
img] on the other.

Sicy said:
If you want to post a picture from your hard drive, when you go to reply there is a section underneath the reply box that says "browse". click that then find the picture on your hard drive and attach it. Make sure the file size is under 100kb.

If you want to post a picture from the web, right click on the picture, click properties, find the URL and highlight and copy it. Paste it in your reply with on one side and [ /img] on the other. [/B][/QUOTE]

Can someone translate this into Queens English?:rolleyes:

Thanks, thanks so very, very, from the bottom of my little misguided heart, thank you for clear directions...

:huh: Um I thought that was pretty clear. Sorry.

Did you read BOTH of my pm's? I see you read one.

You might want to use a photo-hosting service to post pics that aren't attachments. We've had a lot of trouble with some of them, but right now www.snapfish.com and www.boomspeed.com are working for us. Snapfish will delete your pics if you go a year withouth buying from them. Boomspeed doesn't shrink pics like snapfish does and has easier addys. The addy is what you need to post here. Once you have an account set up you can upload pics from your hard drive to the website, and it will give each one of your pics and addy that will post here with the

tags. Warning about boomspeed, they have purges checking for misuse (like posting on message boards :shifty: ) sometimes so make sure you don't go over your quota or stay over it or they'll catch you. They shut me down twice, then finally I went ahead and took their offer to subcribe and get a 100MEG account and permission to link to message boards. It was worth it to me since I have so many pics and love to post. If you only want to post a few, use the free account but don't overdo it.

To post from there or any website (Geocities, tripod and angelfire don't allow linking, don't bother, it won't show up) click on the pic, then click 'properties', then when the box comes up highlight the addy and post it with the tags.

If you need any more help just post again!

* had to put the tags like that to keep them from showing up as a red x.

Last edited:
I have been reading some of the threads regarding posting pictures, because I was trying to get one in my sig. I uploaded mine to HP Photo instead of snapfish or boomspeed, and it seems to be working just fine. :hyper:

It only showed up as a red X for me once so far, and I think it was just my computer settings causing problems (perhaps Norton is the culprit in my case?), not HP Photo.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents in case snapfish and boomspeed start causing more problems for people.

ARGH. I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I checked out snapfish and I really didn't like it. I can't remember if I looked at boomspeed or not...guess I'll do some more searching for something that works when I have the time...Ay carumba...there has GOT to be a better way! I have ten million different projects I am working on right now, so I might not be able to fix things for a while. I HATE COLLEGE! :scream:

Why dont you like snapfish?

I :heart: it. I have over 1000 pictures in my account. :uhoh:

Sicy said:
Why dont you like snapfish?

I :heart: it. I have over 1000 pictures in my account. :uhoh:

Snapfish said you have to order prints or send in film every once in a while or something. I don't ever have any film to send in, therefore if I started an account it would be terminated eventually. I just found a new image hosting service to try; let's see how long this one works for my sig pic. I didn't realize that URLs could expire. I am a newbie to the Net, but learning very quickly. Even though they cause more problems than anything I've ever known, computers rock! Oops, I think I just revealed how much of a geek I am. :reject:

You only have to purchase something once a year to keep the account active. I just buy a print or something for $1 :der:

I was just wondering. Could anyone else actually buy prints, or whatever from your account? Say for example I wanted to buy a picture of someone for my photo album or whatever... could I concievably do that?

Last edited:
:shrug: They would have to invite you to see their pictures in snapfish I believe, because you cant just link someone to your albums.

No red X today. :hmm: How long am I going to have to wait to know if this new image hosting service will work?

The only problem I might have with the server is that they don't allow storing of copyrighted images, so if someone sees them they'll get removed. Chances are at least a few of my U2 photos have copyrights. Are there any copyrighted U2 photos that HAVEN'T been stolen by at least ten million fans? :shrug:

Do you ever have problems with SnapFish or Boomspeed removing pics? Or don't they have a policy concerning which images you store?

Not unless you forget to buy something in a year.. and they dont remove copyrights. Snapfish has been pretty consistant for me. I've been using it for like 2 years now.

Sicy said:
Not unless you forget to buy something in a year.. and they dont remove copyrights. Snapfish has been pretty consistant for me. I've been using it for like 2 years now.

I'm glad it works for you. :) I was reading another thread concerning snapfish and boomspeed, and I recall someone mentioning that boomspeed removed some pics and that they lost some (or all?) photo albums because boomspeed won't let you link to message boards unless you pay them a certain amount of money. :down:

The free image hosting service I am testing out now is www.picturehost.co.uk. I would have given the URL in my last post, but I wanted to wait until I got back to my own, very own, did I say my own, not the university's, computer in my dorm room to make sure that my sig pic is STILL not a big red x. And it isn't. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom