closure quips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
Would it be possible to post a brief explanation for thread closures when the thread is closed. Most threads that veer off topic or get a bit rude for comfort do get a brief explanation, but some of the normal closures (thread reached 500 posts, etc) don't.

Most people do know why the threads are closed (sometimes we have to think for a moment though :) ), but there are always going to be newer people who aren't going to know (even if it is posted in the forum rules). These people might be confused and even a bit alienated but what they see as an arbitrary closure. It shouldn't take a whole lot of time just to post a quick little blurb before the more routine closures.

Thanks!

I'd like to add a :yes: and :up: to this suggestion. Sometimes I'm enjoying reading an interesting thread - even if it has a bit of a negative turn - only to see that it's inexplicably closed. Just a quick comment would be nice when threads are closed. Sicy, you've been great at this, but I'm not sure all the other mods are.

We have talked about this and are trying to remember to do it, feel free to email a mod about it and we can let you know why it was closed and/or go and post something at the end of the closed thread.

Thanks, I really do appreciate the time and effort that goes into moderating, and doing this really does make it feel better (to me anyway). :up:

Back
Top Bottom