Close the fucking war room!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
What do you all think?

And

FYI

I had asked that there be a clarification posted in FYM on links to sights that seek donations. There were two threads closed of mine...on that was to a project to help soldiers who have been wounded, and the other about the Red Cross, One Campaign, African Well Fund ect. The explination was posted in WAR but not in here. The thread in here just sunk.

My fear was since the explination was in the war room, that people in FYM would not notice.

Here is a link to the two closed threads.

Soldiers Thread
http://forum.interference.com/t145386.html

Red Cross, One campaign, African well Fund
http://forum.interference.com/t145488.html

I believe there are worthwhile issues, that are brought up and it disappoints me when they get bumped to the War room when we all know that this is death to threads.

Moving this to the appropriate forum.

I do believe we may have had this discussion before however.

SO can there be a clarification posted about threads with links to places seeking donations in FYM so this does not get burried again?

The thread closed in the other room just sunk without clarification.

Hi Dread,

I have already explained the site's policy with regard to charitable donations in the original thread on the subject, but I'll quote my response here in case people aren't already aware of it:

The policy is that if you wish to advertise a charity the appropriate way to do so is through placing a text link in your signature. Starting threads encouraging people to donate to a charity of your choice isn't permitted.

With regard to events such as the tsunami or Hurricane Katrina, sometimes a decision will be taken to place a message on the forum encouraging posters to make a donation to a charity. However, this is a decision taken by the owner and administrators of the site and should not be taken to mean that it's acceptable for any posters to advertise other charities of their choice.

As I said before, you're very welcome to PM or email me or the other FYM mods if you would like to make any comments or ask questions about the policy. I hope this clarifies the situation. :)

*Fizz.

This has pretty much come from Elvis, dread, so if you want you are more than welcome to contact him if this answer does not satisfy you.

Dreadsox said:
What do you all think?

And

FYI

I had asked that there be a clarification posted in FYM on links to sights that seek donations. There were two threads closed of mine...on that was to a project to help soldiers who have been wounded, and the other about the Red Cross, One Campaign, African Well Fund ect. The explination was posted in WAR but not in here. The thread in here just sunk.

My fear was since the explination was in the war room, that people in FYM would not notice.

Here is a link to the two closed threads.

Soldiers Thread
http://forum.interference.com/t145386.html

Red Cross, One campaign, African well Fund
http://forum.interference.com/t145488.html

Just stop being a hypocrite. :|

Last edited:
Sicy said:
This has pretty much come from Elvis, dread, so if you want you are more than welcome to contact him if this answer does not satisfy you.

I am not upset at the policy.

I am upset that the decision was relayed in the war room when there was a thread in FYM that needed explination as well.

Dreadsox said:

I am not upset at the policy.

I am upset that the decision was relayed in the war room when there was a thread in FYM that needed explination as well.

Did you read the one in the War forum?

If so, what the hell is your problem?

indra said:

Did you read the one in the War forum?

If so, what the hell is your problem?

Problem is, as you and I both know, it does not get read in there.

Not that it is worth a grain of salt, my opinion, however, is the War forum is perhaps somewhat void as all debates about the administration and Iraq seem to be few and flourish quite well in the general fym. So if this is a general call to close War, I think that's justifiable.

However, I thought the original problem here was the fact that people frequently post threads relating to charitable organisations, and being the like-minded lot we seem to be, this is overlooked as a breach of the rules as charity is deemed more important. This said, I understand and see the need to keep this to a minimum, but it happens over many topics rather frequently. The seperator of this seemed to be the political aspiration behind it which convoluted the matter. Does it remove the charitable need? Debatable, but not debatable for in here as it is an FYM topic which is now closed and moot.

So I'm not clear entirely, to be honest. When it is a charitable request or to inform for need of people reaching into their pockets, usually the thread is allowed and even goes so far as to be supported by the site in instances like we saw with the tsunami. I've never seen anyone complain and rightly so. Everyone believes in traditionally helping a good cause on here. I honestly dont understand what seperated Dread's request from one which asks people to donate to One, and so on. Given it's political, FYM would be precisely the place for it, I'd have thought.

Sorry if I misunderstood you the first time, Dread. I'm not sure now what you might have meant? Anyway.
:)

Back
Top Bottom