Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 06:31 PM
The title of this thread is misleading.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:06 AM   #17
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:31 PM
Not that it is worth a grain of salt, my opinion, however, is the War forum is perhaps somewhat void as all debates about the administration and Iraq seem to be few and flourish quite well in the general fym. So if this is a general call to close War, I think that's justifiable.

However, I thought the original problem here was the fact that people frequently post threads relating to charitable organisations, and being the like-minded lot we seem to be, this is overlooked as a breach of the rules as charity is deemed more important. This said, I understand and see the need to keep this to a minimum, but it happens over many topics rather frequently. The seperator of this seemed to be the political aspiration behind it which convoluted the matter. Does it remove the charitable need? Debatable, but not debatable for in here as it is an FYM topic which is now closed and moot.

So I'm not clear entirely, to be honest. When it is a charitable request or to inform for need of people reaching into their pockets, usually the thread is allowed and even goes so far as to be supported by the site in instances like we saw with the tsunami. I've never seen anyone complain and rightly so. Everyone believes in traditionally helping a good cause on here. I honestly dont understand what seperated Dread's request from one which asks people to donate to One, and so on. Given it's political, FYM would be precisely the place for it, I'd have thought.

Sorry if I misunderstood you the first time, Dread. I'm not sure now what you might have meant? Anyway.