CHAT Forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you like a new forum dedicated to 'chat'?

• Yes

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Maybe so / Don't care

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Well... seeing as though many people like to have 'chat' threads, and the chat threads help break the time zone boundary of carrying on 'conversation' compared to our traditional Chat...

I'd like to know what you all think of the idea of having a new forum dedicated to 'chat'. Please respond to the poll.

Thanks,

Joel

:yes:

But, what would happen to threads that turn into chat threads spontaneously?

Would they just be moved?

Like would an IO thread suddenly end up in the aforementioned chat forum?

I think you should name it "Theres Been a Lot of Talk About This Next Forum. Maybe, Maybe Too Much Talk".

U2SavesTheWorld said:
:yes:

But, what would happen to threads that turn into chat threads spontaneously?

Would they just be moved?

Like would an IO thread suddenly end up in the aforementioned chat forum?

Not decided yet. also.. keep in mind, IO is a place of it's own.

Yeah, thats sort of why I was asking. I'm not exactly sure the IO threads would "translate" if that makes any sense.

Either way I think its a good idea.

Sounds good to me...I like chat threads but I hate pissing people off with them.

Does "Yes" mean the proposed chat forum would be THE place for chat threads (of course with the exception of IO)? I'm guessing yes.....

PS. no spin-off threads! :tongue:

While I don't really mind chat threads (although I personally find most pretty useless), I would prefer the be in a forum of their own. Just easier to keep track of everthing that way.

As for IO...I couldn't care less what happens to it. Always seems like a very silly place to me.

don't most 'chat' threads usually get started because someone's thread gets hijacked? i think if we have a separate forum for chat threads places like IO and LS will lose some of their spontenaety and fun of it which is why i go to these forums anyway.

and if we have a chat forum, and someone's thread does get 'hijacked' in one of the other forums does this mean it will suddenly get moved to the chat forum or closed? half the fun is the spontenaety of this place and never knowing what will happen to a thread and sometimes seeing it take on a life of it's own.

i vote no on a chat forum. i think the off topic forums of LS and IO are enough. do we really need another off topic forum?

I don't like chats, I find them hard to keep up with, and by the time I answer something it's already old. I don't think I'd ever use it, but if some people want it, why not?

indra said:
As for IO...I couldn't care less what happens to it. Always seems like a very silly place to me.

I feel the same way about IO, I don't like it, but if others do, go for it. But I've always felt IO was like a chat and the stuff done there could easily be done in chat to save server space. I can't believe all those nonsense threads are actually archived and saved, there's just too many. It seems like considering the quality of the content maybe delete everything over, say, 30 days old to save space? :uhoh:

However I couldn't resist making the Monty Python joke:

"Camelot, it is a silly place" :lol:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

I feel the same way about IO, I don't like it, but if others do, go for it. But I've always felt IO was like a chat and the stuff done there could easily be done in chat to save server space. I can't believe all those nonsense threads are actually archived and saved, there's just too many. It seems like considering the quality of the content maybe delete everything over, say, 30 days old to save space? :uhoh:

However I couldn't resist making the Monty Python joke:

"Camelot, it is a silly place" :lol:

I've said it before... and I'll say it again... threads/posts archived are not taxing on the server. Storage space is not the issue at all to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom