Changing subdomain names (Sunday Oct. 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well unfortunately no matter what goes on, someone will be unhappy.

Re: the sig/avatar issue, I'm still waiting for Andy to fix this. Sorry, I don't know what the hold up is honestly.

Can the people that were having trouble with their sigs/avs try uploading them again so we can see if they are working?

Sorry about the sig pic and avatar issues. Upon deeper investigation we also noticed that the issue was the same for profile pics also. I am quite certain the issues have been resolved but your feedback will help confirm this. If you had issues, please load your image again and then keep an eye on it. It should stay loaded just fine.

The reason the system rewrites forum(dot)inteference.com to u2.interference.com is to make sure all the old links around the site work.

well my last post on the issue 'cause my inability to post from work anymore obviously is not really any major concern... but since we kinda pride ourselfs on not being just u2 fanboys around here, but fans of u2 who are in a bigger community or somethin' like that, couldn't the maine interference page have been changed to u2.interference.com and this stayed as forum?

wouldn't that also, then, drive more people looking for u2 to the main page, which is kinda sorta what you want?

that's all for me.

I really tried to wait and thought the problem would eventually be solved, but it wasn't. I think all of you admins and mods are really doing a great job here. I just wanted to say that since the subdomain change I'm permanently having problems with the site not loading properly, no matter which computer I'm on. I'm always getting error messages (error on this page) on EVERY page here in the forum and it's constantly trying to load something in the background, which can be really annoying especially if I'm typing a reply, because I keep being interrupted. Then I realised there are ads on top that are kind of layered over parts of the forum, so only fragments of these forum parts are showing, including the header with the forum structure/navigation/paths:

feedbackwtf1.jpg

:huh: What's going on?

^Actually I have that same problem. It permanently says either "opening page..... etc." at the bottom now and never finishes, or it just says "error on page".

It never says "Done" at the bottom anymore like it does anywhere else I visit.

It permanently says either "opening page..... etc." at the bottom now and never finishes, or it just says "error on page".

It never says "Done" at the bottom anymore like it does anywhere else I visit.

I still have this going on. I know about the new disabling the ads feature and that is great :up: I have done that. But it hasn't changed the problem I have that Interference no longer completely loads a page for me anymore. I had thought it was the ads causing the problem but I guess not. (Unless it is still the problem even though I just can't see the ads anymore... hmm) Anyways... thanks!

I got a question, but didn't see it being necessary to open a new thread.
In the old forum, we used to be able to go to member list, and then select an option to make the list starting from the person with the highest postcount and so on. Now I can't find that option. Am I looking in the wrong place or did it dissapear?

Click on 'Posts' about in the middle of the page at the top.

:reject: am I being blind?

Home Forum User CP Blogs Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Premium Menu New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

:reject: am I being blind?

Home Forum User CP Blogs Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Premium Menu New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Click on Members List and then on that page there are three columns -- User Name, Posts, Avatar. Click on Posts. :)

I'm reporting this because the forum told me to. I had typed out a PM to someone and when I hit submit message I got a white page that said this:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Yes it occurred unexpectedly, so I'm letting you all know as instructed :wave:

(I sent another PM after that and it looks like it went through ok)

It permanently says either "opening page..... etc." at the bottom now and never finishes, or it just says "error on page".

It never says "Done" at the bottom anymore like it does anywhere else I visit. (or if it does say Done it says with errors on page)

I still have this going on. I know about the new disabling the ads feature and that is great :up: I have done that. But it hasn't changed the problem I have that Interference no longer completely loads a page for me anymore. I had thought it was the ads causing the problem but I guess not. (Unless it is still the problem even though I just can't see the ads anymore... hmm) Anyways... thanks!

Just thought I'd bump this since it hasn't been addressed yet. :reject:

bonocomet, nobody else has reported this issue so I think it could be a problem on your end or with your browser. Try a different browser to see if you get the same problem. Delete all your cookies/cache, log out and back in and see if it still happens.

Thanks, I've tried deleting cookies, history etc and there was no change but I'll try downloading another browser and see if that works. Thanks.

Just thought I'd bump this since it hasn't been addressed yet. :reject:

I still have the same problems with the loading and the error messages, though I've disabled all the ads. It's the same on every computer I'm using. Every site on interference comes with an "error on this page" message on the bottom of my screen.

Back
Top Bottom