Change 'post' button to 'new topic?'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
This may have been brought up and rejected before, but SO many newbies accidently start new threads when they mean to add to an existing one I think this would make it more clear and put a stop to the mistake threads.

I think this is a good idea - one of the other forums I visit that uses vBulletin doesn't even have this option within each thread - you have to go to the specific sub-forum page to start a new topic. I don't think it would hurt to even just remove the "Post" option from each individual thread - it is confusing...

Last edited:
i think this is good. at least maybe have it taken off the bottom of the last post in each thread too, as bls said.
my first ever post on here was creating a new thread instead of replying to an existing one, which was what i meant to do.
:der:

I like it
it teaches us to first read, then think and then post

valuabe life lessons such as these should not be tampered with

:sigh: :| But they DON'T think, so it's going to keep happening. A lot of people see 'post' and think that means post a post. That's natural to someone not familiar with this place. It could at least be 'post topic' or 'thread'. Also like BLS said when they're both on the post it can be taken either way, post usually means post a message, not a thread. I can see how that would be confusing.

Last edited:
why use the reply option when you can use quick reply?

plebans should be pretty well versed in the art of posting img tags, the smilies are right there...

The newbies who press the wrong button probably don't know what that is either :huh:

we need to teach them to scroll. or just keep kids under 16 away from the internet...

Back
Top Bottom