Change Forum Appearance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

This has been discussed before but I thought I would bring it up again.

For those of us in a work environment, the bright blue motif of the forum is a tad obvious to co-workers and management who happen to look over my shoulder.

In the interest of furthering my addiction to this site I was wondering what the status was for making new skins or layouts for the forum preferably less blue. I know this was touted as something that “might” be available once the forum was upgraded, I’m just curious if this is still something being considered. No pressure or anything. :wink:

We're going to be getting a new skin design in the near future. It will be more 'modern' but most likely still be blue. Sorry.

You could always go to your browser settings/options and set everything to neutral colors.

We're going to be getting a new skin design in the near future. It will be more 'modern' but most likely still be blue. Sorry.

Can't we have an option like on last.fm where we can just change how it looks on our end. Like how you can customize last.fm to Red or Black based on your own preference. And I don't mean change the layout or anything.. just a little option in the profile where we can select a blue theme or a white/neutral theme.

Can't we have an option like on last.fm where we can just change how it looks on our end. Like how you can customize last.fm to Red or Black based on your own preference. And I don't mean change the layout or anything.. just a little option in the profile where we can select a blue theme or a white/neutral theme.

Damn I was hoping there was a way change it back to the old layout :(

Edit: For Last.FM, that is.

I really don't know. I'll ask Andy to respond.

Surely they can just track your internet usage anyway? :wink:

I pretend they can't do this...

Admit it. Your dream is for Interference to look like an Excel spreadsheet. :wink:

:drool:

yes, what elfa said albeit w/o the furthering addiction part.

pfft... at least I'm honest about it

You could always go to your browser settings/options and set everything to neutral colors.

and how might one go about doing this?

multiquote ftw! :hi5:

and how might one go about doing this?

What browser do you use? In Firefox I can go to fonts and color settings, set a page background color, then uncheck the setting to let sites choose their own color. It looks much less conspicuous like this, don't you think? :hmm:

Fullscreen_1.jpg

IE

Tools --> Internet Options --> on the general tab click Accessability, Check mark 'ignore colors specified on web pages'.

Attachments

• whiteinterf.jpg
    whiteinterf.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 53
I can't access that feature at work. The Internet Options are mostly disabled by the IT people here.

Back
Top Bottom