Change DUE from Admin/Mods - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
The Fly
 
LastEdgeOnEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 229
Local Time: 08:47 AM
Change DUE from Admin/Mods

(If this thread is closed promptly, I will know where the Admininstrator/mods stand and I will take proper action).

I hope I've posted this in the proper section.

I’ve been a casual member of this mb since 2005. I typically only post during album or tour years. Yet I seem to have a following. There are a select few who find pleasure in trolling and sabotaging my posts. Maybe casual posters aren’t welcome to those who “live” here. They make it their business to sabotage my occasional threads, thus co-ercing the mods to take notice and either move the thread or close it altogether, regardless of the positive reactions or relevance. I have never seen such a dictatorial mb environment. The mods here close threads left and right. It’s an abuse of censorship. I’ve always believed “if you don’t like it, turn it off”. I have B.S. in Communication/Broadcasting, and I am very sensitive to the subject of unfair censorship. Being a former radio jock, I’ve had to deal with dictators trying to regulate every breath you breathe.
Now I’ll admit, I’ve posted some dud’s on this mb. But for the most part, I feel I try to strike up good, fun, and informative conversation with my threads, that debate U2 and other bands. I’ve learned to be careful when posting about “other” bands. Though I shouldn’t have to be. But that’s how shallow some members of this board can be.

Here was the result of my last post, along with a 2 week vacation...


"Sorry, but I agree with elfa. This poster insists on starting new thread after new thread, when the topics can go into a number of existing threads, and then is rude to the mods via pm when we ask him to stop.

The mods and myself have been working very hard to keep this forum organized and when members constantly don't read and just come in here and post their topics its VERY frustrating I'm sure for members as well.

And seeing how this thread is now a trainwreck, LEOE please repost your thoughts in one of the above threads, and don't bitch about it. Thanks."



Sicy closed my last thread with this classless, mis-leading, inaccurate, barrage of untruths. My threads are sabotaged by "idiotic" posters who harrass me(despite others, who pop up to defend me). I've had enough of being thrown under the bus by coniving trolls and dictatorial mods who can't see past lies and harrasment of the losers around here who harass casual posters such as myself endlessly.

If you would like to do something about this...PM ME.
My last thread was closed for reasons I still don’t get. Just because it had the letters “NLOTH” in the title I guess. But what I was trying to do was ignite a discussion about U2’s knack for mis-leading the public prior to single or album release’s in regard to their “sound”. Could I have struck up this conversation in an existing thread? Yeah I guess. But why should I have to? Why would I want too? I don’t like to do that for 2 reasons.
1- It just gets BURIED under 15-20 pages of prior posts.
2- I’m just an “occasional” poster, with little time to wait around for answers or conversation. I don’t see the sense in posing a question or debate on page 23 of an existing thread, when I’m only going to be on the computer for a few minutes on downtime at work. By the time someone comes to my post, after sifting through 22 prior pages, it’ll be time for me log off and get back to work. And then I’m frustrated for a week or a MONTH until I can get back on to check. I’m left with nothing when that happens because maybe 1 to NONE ever even saw my post.
If I want to start a conversation about something “new” and “fresh” without it being lost on pg. 23, I should be allowed that right.


I started some threads about the band Rush a few months ago. I kept coming up with different topics altogether dealing with Rush. But mods insisted they all go in one COLLOSAL Rush thread. Why? If it’s a fresh idea, related to Rush or not, why can't it find a life of it's own without being buried deep in the gallows of an existing thread? How can I have good conversation with (mature) people if they already gave up sifting on page 23, and my post don't show up until page 24?

So this post is me taking action. The administrator(s) have 1 of one 2 choices. They can either take action themselves and "CHANGE" the culture here and improve the mood around here OR, they can dig in and stay mired in this communistic, censor-ridden climate. If they choose the latter, I am going to take serious action. They're are people in cyberspace who can help me. Help "US". If you wish to be apart of my "movement" should events lead me to that, by all means feel free to pm me. I will do everything in my power to see to it that the behavior of the powers that be on this board is exposed and that change is made. Change, so that casual posters such as myself are treated fairly and respectfully. The oppressive censorship, favoritism, and harrasment that exists here needs to END. I will make an example of of this mb by seeking help through the proper channels and bringing it's duplicity to light. The unfair practices that exist here will be exposed.
The administrator here informed me in a rather crass tone( I felt) that basically I had to “deal with it”. This person said we are not “corporate”. That buck starts and stops with her/him. Fine. But that doesn’t make it right, Sicy. The mods here seem blind to conniving trollers and blind to their own oppressive censorship practices. Well make no mistake, your oppressive rule, should it continue, will be brought to light and dealt with swiftly and justly.
The administrator and his/her yes-men will not strong-arm me into keeping my mouth shut on this matter. It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and tyrannical censorship.
How much longer should these mods be allowed to force their hand and rule us with an iron fist(mouse). They misunderstand their authority it seems. They are here to mediate. Not dictate. It’s a profound abuse of power.
__________________

__________________
LastEdgeOnEarth is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,718
Local Time: 05:47 AM
You know, I actually agreed with a few of the things you said in here. but then ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastEdgeOnEarth View Post
If they choose the latter, I am going to take serious action. They're are people in cyberspace who can help me. Well make no mistake, your oppressive rule, should it continue, will be brought to light and dealt with swiftly and justly. .....

The administrator and his/her yes-men will not strong-arm me into keeping my mouth shut on this matter. It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and tyrannical censorship.
How much longer should these mods be allowed to force their hand and rule us with an iron fist(mouse). They misunderstand their authority it seems. They are here to mediate. Not dictate. It’s a profound abuse of power.
Is that some sort of threat? That is seriously bizarre. "Dealth with swiftly and justly?" By whom?

This is a privately owned and run message board. I can certainly understand why you're frustrated by the way things go here, but you are kidding yourself if you think the government (or any other entity) offers some sort of rights to you on a privately run internet site.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
The Fly
 
LastEdgeOnEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 229
Local Time: 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
You know, I actually agreed with a few of the things you said in here. but then ...



Is that some sort of threat? That is seriously bizarre. "Dealth with swiftly and justly?" By whom?

This is a privately owned and run message board. I can certainly understand why you're frustrated by the way things go here, but you are kidding yourself if you think the government (or any other entity) offers some sort of rights to you on a privately run internet site.
I know people. And if that doesn't work, then those with me on this can start a MOVEMENT with me. I know obtaining support will be easy.
__________________
LastEdgeOnEarth is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,718
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastEdgeOnEarth View Post
I know people.

................................. okay.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 09:47 AM
And I though this was going to be a boring day.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 08:47 AM
wow... this is....


wow
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now  
Old 01-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastEdgeOnEarth View Post
(If this thread is closed promptly, I will know where the Admininstrator/mods stand and I will take proper action).

I hope I've posted this in the proper section.

I’ve been a casual member of this mb since 2005. I typically only post during album or tour years. Yet I seem to have a following. There are a select few who find pleasure in trolling and sabotaging my posts. Maybe casual posters aren’t welcome to those who “live” here. They make it their business to sabotage my occasional threads, thus co-ercing the mods to take notice and either move the thread or close it altogether, regardless of the positive reactions or relevance. I have never seen such a dictatorial mb environment. The mods here close threads left and right. It’s an abuse of censorship. I’ve always believed “if you don’t like it, turn it off”. I have B.S. in Communication/Broadcasting, and I am very sensitive to the subject of unfair censorship. Being a former radio jock, I’ve had to deal with dictators trying to regulate every breath you breathe.
Now I’ll admit, I’ve posted some dud’s on this mb. But for the most part, I feel I try to strike up good, fun, and informative conversation with my threads, that debate U2 and other bands. I’ve learned to be careful when posting about “other” bands. Though I shouldn’t have to be. But that’s how shallow some members of this board can be.

Here was the result of my last post, along with a 2 week vacation...


"Sorry, but I agree with elfa. This poster insists on starting new thread after new thread, when the topics can go into a number of existing threads, and then is rude to the mods via pm when we ask him to stop.

The mods and myself have been working very hard to keep this forum organized and when members constantly don't read and just come in here and post their topics its VERY frustrating I'm sure for members as well.

And seeing how this thread is now a trainwreck, LEOE please repost your thoughts in one of the above threads, and don't bitch about it. Thanks."



Sicy closed my last thread with this classless, mis-leading, inaccurate, barrage of untruths. My threads are sabotaged by "idiotic" posters who harrass me(despite others, who pop up to defend me). I've had enough of being thrown under the bus by coniving trolls and dictatorial mods who can't see past lies and harrasment of the losers around here who harass casual posters such as myself endlessly.

If you would like to do something about this...PM ME.
My last thread was closed for reasons I still don’t get. Just because it had the letters “NLOTH” in the title I guess. But what I was trying to do was ignite a discussion about U2’s knack for mis-leading the public prior to single or album release’s in regard to their “sound”. Could I have struck up this conversation in an existing thread? Yeah I guess. But why should I have to? Why would I want too? I don’t like to do that for 2 reasons.
1- It just gets BURIED under 15-20 pages of prior posts.
2- I’m just an “occasional” poster, with little time to wait around for answers or conversation. I don’t see the sense in posing a question or debate on page 23 of an existing thread, when I’m only going to be on the computer for a few minutes on downtime at work. By the time someone comes to my post, after sifting through 22 prior pages, it’ll be time for me log off and get back to work. And then I’m frustrated for a week or a MONTH until I can get back on to check. I’m left with nothing when that happens because maybe 1 to NONE ever even saw my post.
If I want to start a conversation about something “new” and “fresh” without it being lost on pg. 23, I should be allowed that right.


I started some threads about the band Rush a few months ago. I kept coming up with different topics altogether dealing with Rush. But mods insisted they all go in one COLLOSAL Rush thread. Why? If it’s a fresh idea, related to Rush or not, why can't it find a life of it's own without being buried deep in the gallows of an existing thread? How can I have good conversation with (mature) people if they already gave up sifting on page 23, and my post don't show up until page 24?

So this post is me taking action. The administrator(s) have 1 of one 2 choices. They can either take action themselves and "CHANGE" the culture here and improve the mood around here OR, they can dig in and stay mired in this communistic, censor-ridden climate. If they choose the latter, I am going to take serious action. They're are people in cyberspace who can help me. Help "US". If you wish to be apart of my "movement" should events lead me to that, by all means feel free to pm me. I will do everything in my power to see to it that the behavior of the powers that be on this board is exposed and that change is made. Change, so that casual posters such as myself are treated fairly and respectfully. The oppressive censorship, favoritism, and harrasment that exists here needs to END. I will make an example of of this mb by seeking help through the proper channels and bringing it's duplicity to light. The unfair practices that exist here will be exposed.
The administrator here informed me in a rather crass tone( I felt) that basically I had to “deal with it”. This person said we are not “corporate”. That buck starts and stops with her/him. Fine. But that doesn’t make it right, Sicy. The mods here seem blind to conniving trollers and blind to their own oppressive censorship practices. Well make no mistake, your oppressive rule, should it continue, will be brought to light and dealt with swiftly and justly.
The administrator and his/her yes-men will not strong-arm me into keeping my mouth shut on this matter. It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and tyrannical censorship.
How much longer should these mods be allowed to force their hand and rule us with an iron fist(mouse). They misunderstand their authority it seems. They are here to mediate. Not dictate. It’s a profound abuse of power.
Count me IN! Not only do I know people, I just saw the trailer for Che. I don't think firing squads are out of the question here.

Let's burn this motherfucker to the ground!
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:47 AM
If Dalton is in, I'm in. We're going to take this to the house, Devin Hester style.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastEdgeOnEarth View Post
The mods here seem blind to conniving trollers and blind to their own oppressive censorship practices. Well make no mistake, your oppressive rule, should it continue, will be brought to light and dealt with swiftly and justly.
1. bullshit
2.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:47 AM
In all honesty, I think you're a big crybaby about this. There have been times when I've thought the mods closed something prematurely: never did I think that happened once in any of your threads.

Why is it that almost every other member can find what they need to discuss without starting a new thread and you can't? I mean, you're not exactly the only one strapped for time.

Grow up.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,000
Local Time: 05:47 AM
More like "Last Thread on Interference". I'm guessing your hours here are numbered.

How fucked up is it to THREATEN people that are putting a lot of time into something they love which they aren't even getting paid for.

YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:47 AM
can't believe he felt the need to wait a few weeks worth of banning to come back and waste his return on this.

sorta matches up with the rest of his drivel, i guess.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 08:47 AM
I'm assuming he's going for the "Blaze Of Glory" approach for his last post...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is online now  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,000
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
I'm assuming he's going for the "Blaze Of Glory" approach for his last post...
Not the first time this approach has been taken by a total fucking tool.

__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 01-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
Refugee
 
adrball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nightclub in Tripoli
Posts: 1,733
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Exercising my right to freedom of speech without starting up a new thread....

A rant is fine by me, but the threatening behaviour makes you a complete dickhead.
__________________

__________________
adrball is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com