Can't see the smilies... so sad... so odd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dream chaser

Acrobat
I PMed Sicy about my not being able to see any smilies (instead I get a red x) a lil while ago b/c I wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with the actual site, but rather a problem on my end... (no, not that end, pervys! j/k~) :p Anyway, I have pulled almost all my hair out and banged my head against the screen so many times there's a permanent imprint of my face on it and I still cannot for the life of me figure out what the deal is...

Now, the only difference in my PC in so far as pre-no-smilie and post-no-smilie is this:

I upgraded my computer b/c my motherboard died. In the process, I got a newer, better motherboard, processor, and RAM, as well as XP pro, as opposed to the home edition. My current PC stats are:

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 1

Computer:
AMD Athlon? XP 3200+
2.21 GHz
1 GB RAM

I use IE 6.0

I have Mobile Code turned on for both my browser and Firewall.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

Sad,
-Mel :(

Are you using Norton security?

Firewalls can interfere with seeing the smilies and gifs....

Sicy said:
Are you using Norton security?

Firewalls can interfere with seeing the smilies and gifs....

Yes, yes I am using Norton Anti-Virus software... But my darling husband claims that is not interfering... hmmm... Perhaps he is wrong?

Thx for the tip! I'll get my IT guy right on it! (IT = hubby) :p

Cheers Sicy!
-Mel :)

Edit: So, he just we're using Zone Alarm Firewall... errmmm... Will check it out, I guess? :slant:

Update: He went in and turned off "cookie control" and now my fun lil smilies are back! yay! He said, and I quote, "Maybe similes are carried on a cookie?" And while I know this is so corney I couldn't help but picture this huge choc chip cookie covered with your smilies like m&m's... I'm such a dork. :p

Last edited:
Ah ha! Yes.. cookies have to do with them as well. cookies....... :drool:

Glad you got it worked out :D

dream chaser said:
And while I know this is so corney I couldn't help but picture this huge choc chip cookie covered with your smilies like m&m's... I'm such a dork. :p
hehe, it's okay. :wink:

you know, for realaudio (i don't know if this is still on there cuz i've not used it in a while), for the cookies section in the profile menu, it had a picture of an oreo. :D

Back
Top Bottom