Can't edit my sig even though I'm Premium - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Can't edit my sig even though I'm Premium

I just went to my profile to edit my sig and it said I had to use the sig editor now. So I went to one of my posts and clicked sig editor. It told me I had to be Premium to use the feature, but I am! I even sent my renewal money before my old subscription ran out! So what's the problem?

When I click on sig edit, the thing comes up and says 'logged in user U2Kitten' and has a log in button, but when I click it it still tells me to subscribe before I can use this feature!

Old 01-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #2
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Can you try it again?

Old 01-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

crys

It still tells me I do not have permission to access the page
Old 01-24-2004, 11:36 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

This is what I get, even if I log in and log in again

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You must be a Premium member to access this page or forum. To find out more Click Here.

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: U2Kitten [logout]
Old 01-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
Jesus Online

I have no idea why it is not letting you do this from the usercp with the link in there.

It works on me, and even though I have higher access, it shouldn't affect this funtion at all.

Hmm...This is weird.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:18 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

It doesn't work from the link in my CP profile or the sig edit thing on the posts Thanks for trying. It must be one of those weird things that only happens to me.

Could some other non-mod premium member try yours and see what happens? Am I the only one with this problem? I thought maybe some people just might not have tried to change sigs since the feature was changed. If anyone tests this, please let me know what happens. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:16 PM   #7
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:54 PM
You need to be using internet explorer, not netscape or aol. Someone else had this problem recently too and once they switched to IE it worked fine.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:38 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Which takes me back to my browser problem from my other thread here

My computer just sucks

Guess I'm stuck with Bono in bed for awhile. There are worse things I guess

Thanks Sicy
Old 01-24-2004, 02:55 PM   #9
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:54 PM
lol if you want you can send me what you want to change it to and I'll change it for you.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:32 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks Sicy, it may come to that. But I'd really like to get it fixed if I could, it's so frustrating. I got explorer to work today but it still does the same thing! I tried it once on a friend's computer and it did the same thing. Could it be just my account, or is there any way we can go back to editing them it the profile, at least premiums?
Old 01-27-2004, 09:24 PM   #11
Jesus Online

I'll try and speak to Elvis for you as soon as I *see* him again U2Kitten. I checked your profile when this first came up and everything looks as it should be. The link in people's profile/CP is where the changes should be made from, so the fact you can't do it from in there is really weird.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Well you mods have been very nice and helpful. Thanks for doing all you could. I appreciate it

I think this might be something only Elvis can fix. When it tells me I have to be premium, I click the log in button but it says "Thank you for logging in, . " Just a period, not my name. Could it be a glitch in just my account? Elvis is this possible? I tried other people's computers and it just won't log in
Old 02-12-2004, 09:48 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Question for other Premium members: when you try to edit your sig, what happens? Do you have to log in again and does it show you your name?
Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 PM   #14
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

I tried to click on the new link "edit your sig" at the bottom of one of my posts, and it takes me to a screen that says 'you must be a premium member to access this page'.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:17 AM   #15
Jesus Online

U2Kitten, I spoke to Elvis, he is looking into your account issue. I dont know why this link wont work for you BLS, though it probably has something to do with the settings only allowing them to be changed from within each User CP, so going to your profile and doing it in there. It works ok like that, yeah? These links in each post should probably be taken out so people dont misunderstand and keep trying to change them from there. I can't even change my own anymore from within a post.
!!!