Can't edit my sig even though I'm Premium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I just went to my profile to edit my sig and it said I had to use the sig editor now. So I went to one of my posts and clicked sig editor. It told me I had to be Premium to use the feature, but I am! I even sent my renewal money before my old subscription ran out! So what's the problem? :confused: :(

When I click on sig edit, the thing comes up and says 'logged in user U2Kitten' and has a log in button, but when I click it it still tells me to subscribe before I can use this feature! :scream:

It still tells me I do not have permission to access the page :(

This is what I get, even if I log in and log in again :grumpy:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You must be a Premium member to access this page or forum. To find out more Click Here.

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: U2Kitten [logout]

I have no idea why it is not letting you do this from the usercp with the link in there.
:scratch:
It works on me, and even though I have higher access, it shouldn't affect this funtion at all.

Hmm...This is weird.

It doesn't work from the link in my CP profile or the sig edit thing on the posts :( Thanks for trying. It must be one of those weird things that only happens to me. :sigh:

Could some other non-mod premium member try yours and see what happens? Am I the only one with this problem? I thought maybe some people just might not have tried to change sigs since the feature was changed. If anyone tests this, please let me know what happens. Thanks.

You need to be using internet explorer, not netscape or aol. Someone else had this problem recently too and once they switched to IE it worked fine.

Which takes me back to my browser problem from my other thread here :huh:

My computer just sucks :scream:

Guess I'm stuck with Bono in bed for awhile. There are worse things I guess :sexywink:

Thanks Sicy:)

lol if you want you can send me what you want to change it to and I'll change it for you.

Thanks Sicy, it may come to that. But I'd really like to get it fixed if I could, it's so frustrating. I got explorer to work today but it still does the same thing! I tried it once on a friend's computer and it did the same thing. Could it be just my account, or is there any way we can go back to editing them it the profile, at least premiums?

I'll try and speak to Elvis for you as soon as I *see* him again U2Kitten. I checked your profile when this first came up and everything looks as it should be. The link in people's profile/CP is where the changes should be made from, so the fact you can't do it from in there is really weird.

Well you mods have been very nice and helpful. Thanks for doing all you could. I appreciate it :hug: :up:

I think this might be something only Elvis can fix. When it tells me I have to be premium, I click the log in button but it says "Thank you for logging in, . " Just a period, not my name. Could it be a glitch in just my account? Elvis is this possible? I tried other people's computers and it just won't log in :scream:

Last edited:
Question for other Premium members: when you try to edit your sig, what happens? Do you have to log in again and does it show you your name?

I tried to click on the new link "edit your sig" at the bottom of one of my posts, and it takes me to a screen that says 'you must be a premium member to access this page'.

U2Kitten, I spoke to Elvis, he is looking into your account issue. I dont know why this link wont work for you BLS, though it probably has something to do with the settings only allowing them to be changed from within each User CP, so going to your profile and doing it in there. It works ok like that, yeah? These links in each post should probably be taken out so people dont misunderstand and keep trying to change them from there. I can't even change my own anymore from within a post.
:grumpy: !!!

:D

Thanks Angela Harlem! :up:

BLS, you have the same problem? It won't work for you either?

I had been having browser trouble, so at first I thought that might be it. I can't open the forum with IE or Netscape, only the slow MSN window with the news on the side panels. But I tried it on 2 friends' computers, and one had broadband, and it still wouldn't work. I got my brother to try to sign in at work, and he's a network guy. Then I knew it had to be my account and not just the browser. I was thinking it could be because when it says you have to be premium and then has the log in button, it says thank you for logging in . but not my name. Beth, does yours do that too?

Thanks for your help Elvis!

I can't edit if I try to go through the User CP either :shrug:

I use IE at school, I don't know what special security things there are, I can try to do it from home later.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem and I've tried it with IE and Mozilla. :confused:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You must be a Premium member to access this page or forum. To find out more Click Here.
2. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Logged in user: Bono's American Wife [logout]

that's weird! i know i'm a mod but angie mentioned she can't change her sig from the link either. i just clicked on "edit your sig" (not even from one of my posts) and it took me right to the edit sig. nothing came up telling i have to premium or anything. :huh:

This is so weird some of us have this and some don't :huh: :crack: I thought a lot more people might have the same problem but just hadn't checked yet. Thanks everyone who checked and everyone who's trying to help :hug:

bonosloveslave said:
Nope, can't do it from home either, trying the link or thru User CP. I have Norton Security at home....

Add interference.com and/or forum.interference.com as a trusted site to norton security....

then try it.

let me know what happens.

I've changed how the Signature Editor works.... completely...

But, I've also made it so you can edit your signature via User CP > Edit Profile (again)

So.... Can each of you that have had problems please try it out and report what happens (with both methods) here?

Atleast one of them should work now ;)

Thanks,

Joel

Back
Top Bottom