Can someone please tell me why my thread was closed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
I was going to reply to the other thread in here which was asking why threads were being closed but that itself was....... CLOSED! lol

So could soemone pm me about why my J Lo thrwead was closed, I didnt relise that there was another thread in the news section or something that must have had problems with so I apologise!!

I only wanted to know Bonos reason for this decision

*confused about this closing*:der:

1. a similar thread already existed so the thread was going to be either merged or closed anyway

2. that thread was closed because the discussion didn't go anywhere anymore (basically, no one really knows Bono's reasons - even though some like to act they talk to him on a weekly basis, they actually don't)

--> so your thread was also closed

voila

Hi celia,

The article about this collaboration was in U2 News here:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74745

It was closed because mant people (like you) were upset about this and there got to be alot of nasty comments and mudslinging.
Someone specifically asked about the closure of that thread here:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74838

You did not do anything spefically wrong. Normally the moderators like to keep things neat and not have several threads on the same topic. Because this topic has been brought up already and things have gotten ugly, they have decided it doesn't need to be discussed any more, that was why Salome made that comment before closing your thread.

The moderators usually do post a final comment as to why the thread is being closed before they do it. If you want to know more about why, it's usually better to PM them or email them personally. *But*, if you are not a premium member, you can't PM, and I don't think you can see personal pages to have the option to email them either.......

So mods, is that still being worked on, having some way for moderators to be contacted by email for non-premium members?

Beth :wave:

yes it is still being worked on, and sicy's email address is in her signature, so any member can email her at any time with questions.

threads are closed ladies and gentlemen, and the reasons have been given thousands of times over and over again. if you really have a specific question, pm or email.

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom