Can someone PLEASE tell me if I'm just an idiot???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgespet

Refugee
I feel really stupid asking this, but I can't seem to figure it out! I can't save pics from here onto my computer! :reject: I can save from Pleba to my Photobucket account, but every time I try to save to my computer, it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong?? This is what I'm doing--
-right click on pic
-save to my pictures
-when it comes up, it has the name of the pic in the first line then "art" in the second line. I can change "art" to "bitmap" but even when I do, the pic still doesn't show up.
I thought maybe I could change either art or bitmap to "jpeg", but it won't let me.
I can't save pics from Photobucket to my computer either. I've got a LOT of pics on Photobucket that I would like to save onto a disc, but can't get them onto my computer!!! GRRRRR! If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong &/or how to correct it, I would be extremely grateful!!

Art?! That's a new one but it's probably the same as the bitmap problem. You are not an idiot, this is a known problem with IE. I have that problem from time to time, it's really annoying. :mad:

Definitely clear your cache. If your cache is very big it can take awhile and your machine may freeze while it's going on. If that doesn't work there are a couple of other things you can try here. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978

If you get really desperate you could try another browser. Mozilla and Firefox are pretty easy to use. :)

are you using AOL? If so, thats why you aren't getting jpg's. open internet explorer outside AOL. then it should work.

jesseu2 said:
are you using AOL? If so, thats why you aren't getting jpg's. open internet explorer outside AOL. then it should work.

That was the problem! I didn't realize AOL was such a pain in the rear!:madspit: Anyway, I opened Explorer & everything saved just perfectly. Thanks so much to all of you for your help, I really appreciate it!

I use AOL and I've never had a problem saving pictures. :huh: Although when I save on my computer I copy the picture and then open paint and save it there.

arw9797 said:
I use AOL and I've never had a problem saving pictures. :huh: Although when I save on my computer I copy the picture and then open paint and save it there.

theres no need to go through those steps. it degrades the pics tho when you do it that way IMO.

Back
Top Bottom