can somebody posibly..... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2004, 12:15 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 PM
The pics are not what's causing the problem (unless your me and have near 2 gigs allocated to pics).

I'm guessing your dad did a destructive restore, which honestly was a good idea with the amount of spyware it sounds like you had. But you need to protect the computer so it doesn't keep happening. Make sure your dad checks Windows Update every month or so. Also, download Adaware 6.0 and run that every week. You need to make sure you're updating Adaware (the little globe + spyglass icon on the top) and your anti-virus software or it won't catch any new forms of viruses or spyware. Also, removing Netscape and IE and switching over to Mozilla/FireFox for internet browsing is smart b/c FireFox will automatically block pop-ups. A lot of the pop-ups blindly install spyware and adware, but if they're blocked, they can't.

As for needing more hard drive space, your dad needs to check Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove programs you don't use. These take up infinitely more space than pic files.

Also, remember to back up all your pics every few months or so just in case!

You can print out this message and give it to your dad

~ from someone whose full-time job is fixing computers

Old 06-07-2004, 12:22 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:20 PM
One more thing, if you're not allowed to save lots of pics (I wasn't either before I bought my own computer), you could save up for a removable device like a disc-on-key. The disc-on-key can save a LOT of stuff and all you do is plug it into the computer's USB port (the flat, skinny slots, sometimes there's a few on the front of the comp. for easy access).

This is like a floppy, but holds WAY more stuff (a floppy holds like 1.5 MB and a disc-on-key can be 256MB depending on which one you buy) and won't break down with age (floppies de-magnetize).

You can get one at any electronics store and probably department stores. Here is an example:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....product&cmp=++

Old 06-07-2004, 03:52 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Thanx, I'll print your messege out and show my dad. He doesnt mind me saving pics, but it just annoys him of who the pics are of