blue crack hurting eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattip2000

New Yorker
I aspire to be a blue crack addict one day. This site is massively addicting in a good way. But I don’t know if I’m the only one who has trouble actually reading the site because of the color scheme. On my computer at home I have changed the settings to black and white so it doesn’t hurt my eyes as much, but whenever I try and get my fix from another computer I remember how hard it was to read before some kind soul told me how to change the settings.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Is there anything else that can be done about it (I don’t like messing with the settings on other peoples computers; they tend to not look kindly on that)?
If not, I’ll just be quiet about it.

:nerd:

You mean you want other colours? :everyonestopswhattheyaredoingandlooksyourwayinabjecthorrorsmilie:

But, but, but....what would be call it???!! :ohmy: :yikes: :faint:

:wink:

indra said:
You mean you want other colours? :everyonestopswhattheyaredoingandlooksyourwayinabjecthorrorsmilie:

But, but, but....what would be call it???!! :ohmy: :yikes: :faint:

:wink:

I know, I know, I like blue crack. I promise I do. It’s just so hard to see. I kid you not, I was on the site for less than thirty minutes at someone’s house with the blue and my eyes are still a bit sore. I know my eyes suck; you don’t need to tell me that. But, but Bono has a problems with his eyes too, so go easy on me.

pattip2000 said:

I know, I know, I like blue crack. I promise I do. It’s just so hard to see. I kid you not, I was on the site for less than thirty minutes at someone’s house with the blue and my eyes are still a bit sore. I know my eyes suck; you don’t need to tell me that. But, but Bono has a problems with his eyes too, so go easy on me.

No worries. It just made me laugh. :D

I don't find this particular colour/design combo hard on my eyes (now U2.com is quite another story), but I remember the screens at one place I worked made my eyes spasm. It was awful. So I do understand. :)

indra said:

No worries. It just made me laugh. :D

I don't find this particular colour/design combo hard on my eyes (now U2.com is quite another story), but I remember the screens at one place I worked made my eyes spasm. It was awful. So I do understand. :)

black and white works better for me at u2.com as well. I even have my computer at work set on black and white and font so big that my coworker can read it from her desk!

black and white seems like it would be much worse

i find u2.com pretty much unreadable

Elvis has been working on a new color scheme for........ oh...... a few years now? :lol:

Sicy said:
Elvis has been working on a new color scheme for........ oh...... a few years now? :lol:

I vote for puke green and burnt orange! :D

u2granny said:

I don't think I could refer to myself as a "black crack addict."

What about "Puke green and burnt orange crack addict?" :)

It does have a certain ring to it. :yes:

:yikes: GET RID OF THE BLUE?!?!?!?? :faint: But you just can't! :no: It's so... it's so comforting -- like on old blankie or your favorite stuffed animal. :sucksonthumbsmilie: Please don't get rid of it!!!

:giggle: :giggle:

I don't really mind the blue.
:nerd:

Websites that contain different shades of blue, or a blue and white combination tend to be more popular. Why? Blue represents calm, stability, hope, wisdom and generosity. People inherently trust blue websites faster. Add blue text and people will retain more information from your site. Combine blue, purple, and white and you have nobility.

Blue

The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors. It causes the opposite reaction as red. Peaceful, tranquil blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so it is often used in bedrooms. Blue can also be cold and depressing. Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty. People are more productive in blue rooms. Studies show weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms.
Green

Currently the most popular decorating color, green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision. It is a calming, refreshing color. People waiting to appear on TV sit in "green rooms" to relax. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Brides in the Middle Ages wore green to symbolize fertility. Dark green is masculine, conservative, and implies wealth. However, seamstresses often refuse to use green thread on the eve of a fashion show for fear it will bring bad luck.

clarityat3am said:
this means that we've been tricked! our addiction to this place isn't beause of U2, it's because of the blue! :evil:
:rolleyes: Yeah, and let me know if you're actually able to convince anyone of that! :wink:

:crazy: :wave: <---- (crazy crackheads!)

:giggle:

redkat said:
Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty.

Yikes! I had to read this sentence three times to figure out it said "blue to job interviews" instead of "blow job interviews." :ohmy: :yikes:

indra said:

Yikes! I had to read this sentence three times to figure out it said "blue to job interviews" instead of "blow job interviews." :ohmy: :yikes:

No interview usually needed for that.

I also find the blue incredibly unattractive and at times painful to read but I can't imagine it any other way. It's a no-win situation. Also, seconding u2.com's illegibility. I don't understand how the Zootopians do it, I had to highlight all of their posts and squint in order to read them. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom