bad vibes in zoo confession.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
not sure if this is the right place to post this...mods feel free to move to appropriate forum.

im getting some bad vibes in zoo confession.

there's trolling in one of the threads.

there's certain members who posts inconsiderate "thoughts" or replies derailing the threads.

there needs to be more warnings, or bannings. or something before it gets out of hand.

just my observation/rant.

icelle said:
not sure if this is the right place to post this...mods feel free to move to appropriate forum.

im getting some bad vibes in zoo confession.

there's trolling in one of the threads.

there's certain members who posts inconsiderate "thoughts" or replies derailing the threads.

there needs to be more warnings, or bannings. or something before it gets out of hand.

just my observation/rant.

I see this in a lot of threads - people have no respect for other posters views...

If you have a problem with a specific member or concern its best to email or pm one of the mods or myself. The report this post button works as well.

I think I'm going to have to start putting the smack down in that forum :angry:

Thanks, that's a good thing. There is too much disrespect for peoples' feelings and outright rudeness being disguised as 'humor' around here. It's bad enough in LS but people come to ZC to tell their problems, they don't need to be hurt more by uncaring comments.

Last edited:
if LS wasn't so cluttered with games and chat threads, maybe people wouldn't come to ZC looking for trouble?

bonosgirl84 said:
or if they had lives! :happy:

OMG ZING!!!!!1!!!!

i could explain to you where my life went this afternoon, but don't you think claiming a bad day or boredom as a reason for being a jackass is kind of a cop out to avoid responsibility for your actions?

this entire board needs mods who run like the NSW transit police. they're a bunch of wannabe cops who wear brownshirts, and seriously act like it. I am not making some sneaky nazi comment here, these people are beyond a joke and are well known for it. they even arrest old people for travelling a train with no ticket. fuckers.
but anyway, this forum needs a huge dose of steel balls to deal with the shitheads.

:drool: steel :drool:

oh, and that is no criticism to the mods. more a comment on the problems being scattered over a rather large site and the trouble makers being juvenile shits who sneak around avoiding being caught.

" 'ooh, i'm a hardarse!' he says"

:love: fat bastard :drool:

U2Kitten said:
Thanks, that's a good thing. There is too much disrespect for peoples' feelings and outright rudeness being disguised as 'humor' around here. It's bad enough in LS but people come to ZC to tell their problems, they don't need to be hurt more by uncaring comments.

i think the root of this is that zoo has started to attract a certain type of poster... i dont necessarily mean the ones who are posting their problems and stuff, i'm talking more about the responses within the threads.
theres a lot of people in there with their heads so far up their own asses i'm surprised they know what daylight looks like anymore. and they go in their solely to exert their own sense of grandeur and world-wiselyness while dispensing twaddles of rubbish they believe will enrich the rest of our lives.

people who think they know it all end up looking like asses (to everyone but themselves it seems) and i think its beginning to annoy other people who have more than the 1 braincell some posters exhibit... hence the slight backlash.

as i say, this has nothing to do with the threads on zoo and is not in anyway directed at the people who like to use it as a area to vent and/or get advice with problems - i personally love the place, have used it myself and post there all the time - so i'd hate to see it get heavily moderated or for people to start avoiding it and not using it for the pupose it was set out.

and if theres anyone who thinks this post is directed strictly to them, they're wrong - i'm not aiming this at anyone in particular (theres more than one guilty party) so don't take personal offence.

I don't know why a group of complete assholes is allowed to mess with people in the name of some sort of sick fun or comedy. These same people do not frequent U2 threads, to they aren't here for the fandom, they are here to goof around. Their posts are for the most part a huge waste of server space. I realize some of them are well liked and 'cool' members of the community here (though I cannot understand why) but they shouldn't be allowed to spend their days and nights making other people feel like shit. And no. 'don't let it bother you' isn't going to cut it, they are the ones who are wrong, they should stop it or be made to stop it. The forum would be a better place without such attitudes.

When a thread of mine was trashed in LS, one member told me I should take serious stuff to ZC, so I did. I got responses from many of the same people who torment me in LS and I couldn't help but think they were not being serious but goofing around at my expense. It's hard to have to sit and figure it out, it just shouldn't happen. There are more than enough places to joke around here, keep it out of ZC.

Yes, I have been a target. but I'm not the only one. I see other things, too. There was one thread where a South American boy spent 3 posts telling his long and excited story of how he secured hard to get U2 tickets for the first show in his country in many years, and the first response to him was 'too much long winded broken English ranting, okay, you got your tickets.' I couldn't believe someone had said that, or that it was allowed to stand. And no, it's not a 'joke', it's MEAN. Too much is written off as humor, and that is the problem. When somebody always claims to be 'funny' they get by with it, but it's NOT funny. This needs to be sorted out and stopped. It's wrong.

Last edited:
i'm back to the "certain type of poster" issue

i'm not saying this is always the case and a lot of people do get jumped on unfairly (like the case of the boy mentioned above, although i've never seen that thread myself so i dont know), but when the same people whine consistently over and over and over and preach the same gobbled illogical self-righteous shite out their ass over and over and over, people get fed up, stop being sympathetic and start taking the mickey

sorry

These "type" of posters want attention!
I say, don't give it, ignore their inappropriate comments and answer/respond to them when they're being civil and with the program.
Getting upset and fired up is what they want, they are looking for a shitstir!:yes:

KhanadaRhodes said:
calling them assholes doesn't help things :shrug:

Somebody has to do it, because it's true.

i also don't see why it matters whether these people you speak of post in U2 forums or not.

What I am saying is, since they aren't here for U2 fandom, which is the purpose of this site, it wouldn't be a loss to the U2 fan community, or their own right to U2 info, if they got what they deserved and were banned. If people only come here to jerk around and others' expense, and that is their only purpose, the entire site is better off without them.

But I can see by your post what I already suspect, you think these people are funny and cool, and they are your buddies, and they will continue to run wild and jump on other people who aren't popular because they somehow have it coming, and that nothing is going to be done about them.

RocknRollKitty said:

But I can see by your post what I already suspect, you think these people are funny and cool, and they are your buddies, and they will continue to run wild and jump on other people who aren't popular because they somehow have it coming, and that nothing is going to be done about them.

ffs... learn to defend yourself then
its not goddamn high school and its not a popularity contest

Would be nice if there was an "Ignore" button - like they have in the chats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom