bad vibes in zoo confession.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoney! said:

It is pretty clear you do not understand what I was addressing in my post, and I have NO idea why 20-30+ posts and two weeks later you need to dredge it up the topic. It has NOTHING to do with you, thank you. And, I actually addressed the issue with the individual away from the public forums.

The problem is that very attitude (in your original post), whether in this specific instance it was aimed at someone in particular or not, is very common here. It is an issue for many people.

Plus it's a good reminder to you (and all the rest of us) that nothing posted on the internet ever truly goes away, and will haunt your ass forever. :wink:

indra said:

The problem is that very attitude (in your original post), whether in this specific instance it was aimed at someone in particular or not, is very common here. It is an issue for many people.

Plus it's a good reminder to you (and all the rest of us) that nothing posted on the internet ever truly goes away, and will haunt your ass forever. :wink:

:up:

And I'm sick of his attitude. What he's saying is, oh but financeguy you don't understand, some people deserve to be picked on because we know them better than you and we know they aren't cool like us and don't have the same sense of humor as us so it's open season on them and that's okay. No. That's NOT okay, never, be it a newbie, an oldie, or anybody. That's the cliquey attitude that it's okay and excusable to belittle certain individuals who have proven themselves uncool and unworthy to you. Abuse is NEVER okay, (and intentionally belittling somebody's posts is abuse) and cruelty disguised as humor is very sick, not funny. That's what this board has become, and that's why I am staying in PLEBA the most that I can. People make fun of it, but the girls are nice there and readily accept everyone as a friend. I am tired of getting my posts joked on and told to 'go away' by headache, who is above the law and all the mods think is cool. I am also being harassed in PMs by one of the popular bullies. I refused to open them, and her last one was marked 'I apologize' and when I opened it it said 'just kidding.' I'm not going to dignify her with a response, aka the 'rise' she's looking for, but I did add her to my ignore list. Most of the 'popular' crowd here would have been banned long ago on EVERY other board I'm on. It's not just me, I've seen them to it to others. I can't understand the entertainment value of such activities???

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, if you have a problem with someone's attitude why not take care of it in private rather than put them on blast here. IMO it's just as bad as what you are complaining about.

Seek a private resolution before blasting someone in public.

Moreover, don't put words in people's mouths. :|

Just to clarify:

My post above was not aimed at any specific person or people, but at an attitude many people (many, but not all, of them oldies) here seem to have.

For instance, because this place is so large and gets so many new members constantly arriving there is going to be a steady stream of newbies making silly newbie errors much to the consternation of many members who have seen the same damned errors hundreds, maybe even thousands of times. Yeah it does get irritating, but do you ever stop to consider that what is old hat for you really is new for other people? And to a newbie it's mighty embarrassing to be jumped on for breaking some unwritten "rule." :shrug: And this place is huge and can be very confusing, especially for the novice border. Hell I was a member of two other boards when I first joined and I did things wrong here. For many people this is their one and only bulletin board experience.

As for the second part of my comment above...well, it was aimed at all of us, but yeah also for zoney. It was meant in fun, because it is funny (amusing) that he should complain about something being brought up two weeks and 20-30 posts later when he orginally noted something which had happened over a year ago. So yeah, what we all post here doesn't ever really go away, and we can all count on being called on something we wrote quite a while ago sometime.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
And I'm sick of his attitude. What he's saying is, oh but financeguy you don't understand, some people deserve to be picked on because we know them better than you and we know they aren't cool like us and don't have the same sense of humor as us so it's open season on them and that's okay. No. That's NOT okay, never, be it a newbie, an oldie, or anybody. That's the cliquey attitude that it's okay and excusable to belittle certain individuals who have proven themselves uncool and unworthy to you. Abuse is NEVER okay, (and intentionally belittling somebody's posts is abuse) and cruelty disguised as humor is very sick, not funny.

I hear you. You know, in my book the top of uncool is when you don´t allow others to express their personality in their own way and words.

Whateva.. assholes will stay assholes and we´re wasting precious time with them.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Just a suggestion, if you have a problem with someone's attitude why not take care of it in private rather than put them on blast here. IMO it's just as bad as what you are complaining about.

Seek a private resolution before blasting someone in public.

Moreover, don't put words in people's mouths. :|

A) You seem to have no problem with Headache or your other buddies 'blasting me in public', so why do you care? Oh, that's right, it's okay to bash certain people here, just not others. That's exactly the problem.

B) I HAVE talked to him in PMs to no avail. He has insulted me and told me not to PM him again, so I don't.

C)As for the person I mentioned having trouble with in PMs that I put on ignore, since I didn't mention her name, I don't see this as blasting her in public (though the mods need to)

D) Everyone who knows zoney knows exactly what he means. My analysis was right on the money. He doesn't need to be defended, he's the bully. If you care so much about the downtrodden how about taking up for someone who deserves it, like one of his victims.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

I hear you. You know, in my book the top of uncool is when you don´t allow others to express their personality in their own way and words.

Whateva.. assholes will stay assholes and we´re wasting precious time with them.

Thanks, I'm so glad somebody can see this. But you're right, it's sadly a waste of time :(

U2Kitten said:
I am also being harassed in PMs by one of the popular bullies. I refused to open them, and her last one was marked 'I apologize' and when I opened it it said 'just kidding.'

this actually shocked me.

is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom