bad vibes in zoo confession. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:24 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Some of the longer term members treat new members in a pretty bad fashion and also even treat longer term members that are not part of their cliques in a disrespectful manner. The cliquish thing seems very strong here which personally I find unappealing.

I do wonder at some of the manipulative behavior of some long term members, and how they seemingly get away with it. To that extent I would argue RockandrollKitty raises a point that is not so easily dismissed as some would want to believe.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:30 PM   #47
Jesus Online

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy
Some of the longer term members treat new members in a pretty bad fashion and also even treat longer term members that are not part of their cliques in a disrespectful manner. The cliquish thing seems very strong here which personally I find unappealing.

I do wonder at some of the manipulative behavior of some long term members, and how they seemingly get away with it. To that extent I would argue RockandrollKitty raises a point that is not so easily dismissed as some would want to believe.
I know you knew that I'm just here to be extremely right and force my opinion on everyone! But seriously, from what you quoted above, I could be very wrong. I am not sure. Which leads me to my next act of not pretending to know what others mean when it isn't necessarily clear!

why lime?

Old 02-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

I know you knew that I'm just here to be extremely right and force my opinion on everyone! But seriously, from what you quoted above, I could be very wrong. I am not sure. Which leads me to my next act of not pretending to know what others mean when it isn't necessarily clear!

why lime?

Old 02-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:12 AM
Quote:
To that extent I would argue RockandrollKitty raises a point that is not so easily dismissed as some would want to believe.
I am not picking on you here because you have only been here for a little more than a year, BUT, a lot happened here on this message board long before you joined. People have said some amazing things.

That's all I'll say.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:48 AM   #50
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:12 AM
so why do we think some people get picked on and not others...?

when i was a newbie, initially i was weary of my surroundings and certain members, but thats just like any other new environment in life - you got to get used to things.
but no one ever picked on me... i've never felt put down, abused, picked on, intimidated or anything similiar to that.
why not?
probably because i never invited it on myself

what i mean is that, while i'm sure there are plenty of people on here who dislike or are indifferent to me, i can honestly say i dont think i've ever got into a proper argument with anyone on here (debates over topics sure, but never a personal slanging match) - feel free to corect me on that though!
if someone says something i don't like or annoys me or is rude to me, instead of whining that people are being nasty to me or letting people put me down, i generally just ignore it and go somewhere else.

this whole "woe is me" attitude that people get when someone says something they don't like, really winds me up - just either ignore it, deal with it or learn to stand up for yourself.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Digsy...that is the most perfect post EVER.

As a newbie...you felt out the place and built trust.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:12 AM
Spot on Digsy and Jeff (previous page). At the end of the day, this is simply a message board on the internet...not worth having a mental breakdown over.

My fiance and several of my closest friends are members here so I really can't get away with anything!
Old 02-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:12 AM
I am my own clique. I have noticed a lot of mean-spiritness going on lately. That bothers me.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:12 AM
I've noticed it too. I've also noticed how the mods are warning certain people to knock off being rude to other members but they seem to keep doing it. Maybe there should be a three strikes and your out rule.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:17 AM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:12 PM
Quote:

I agree.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:23 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

I am not picking on you here because you have only been here for a little more than a year, BUT, a lot happened here on this message board long before you joined. People have said some amazing things.

That's all I'll say.
Pick on me then.

Seriously, what kind of attitude is that, you´re devaluing someone´s opinion because you´ve been around for such a long time?
Old 03-05-2006, 05:36 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by digsy

1. when the same people whine consistently over and over and over and preach the same gobbled illogical self-righteous shite out their ass over and over and over, people get fed up, stop being sympathetic and start taking the mickey

2. if someone says something i don't like or annoys me or is rude to me, instead of whining that people are being nasty to me or letting people put me down, i generally just ignore it and go somewhere else.
1. contradicts 2.

Why cant the people who "get fed up, stop being sympathetic and start taking the mickey" just ignore it or go somewhere else, if the "gobbled illogical self-righteous shite" annoys them that much?

Because they want a little of fun and action, putting someone else down.

This is a behaviour that I find to be completely arrogant and inappropriate, esepcially when a couple of members are attacking one member simultaneously.

Other than that, I echo what u2granny said. My sentiments exactly.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:12 AM
Well said hiphop
Old 03-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:12 AM
If people don't like what other people are threading or posting there are plenty of forums to look into and talk about other things than U2, or to be snide to someone else as soon as someone has anything positive to say....there is room for everyone on this website.....I post in threads not relating to U2 but I do like discussing them and Bono the most...isn't this the place for it, others do not have to join in go to another forum and join in there.....

People have enough negativety in their everyday lives no one who comes here to chat etc. needs more.

It makes me very to see all the instigating go on here especially this is supposed to be a web for U2 fans a group who promotes love and peace, and it certainly is not here.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

Pick on me then.

Seriously, what kind of attitude is that, you´re devaluing someone´s opinion because you´ve been around for such a long time?
It is pretty clear you do not understand what I was addressing in my post, and I have NO idea why 20-30+ posts and two weeks later you need to dredge it up the topic. It has NOTHING to do with you, thank you. And, I actually addressed the issue with the individual away from the public forums.