Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RocknRollKitty

Somebody has to do it, because it's true.

maybe posters who post things that you don't like feel the same way. what is "true" varies from person to person.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:02 PM
pot, meet kettle.

Old 02-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #33
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by lady luck

PS: great avatar, digsy
I'd just like to say that I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

What I am saying is, since they aren't here for U2 fandom, which is the purpose of this site, it wouldn't be a loss to the U2 fan community, or their own right to U2 info, if they got what they deserved and were banned. If people only come here to jerk around and others' expense, and that is their only purpose, the entire site is better off without them.

But I can see by your post what I already suspect, you think these people are funny and cool, and they are your buddies, and they will continue to run wild and jump on other people who aren't popular because they somehow have it coming, and that nothing is going to be done about them.
If certain people are bothering you so much why don't you use the ignore feature? All you are doing is making it hard on yourself by calling people names and such. Stop letting it bother you and calm down. Seriously.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #35
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

In your User CP, go to "Edit Ignore List".
sometimes I think i'm some of those lists

seriously... i've been thinking on this matter a lot, and maybe, sometimes i'm part of the problem. I don't like sarcastic comments, and sometimes (as a proud colombian ) I say things just how they are and it seems that people gets offended by this. I like to talk in a very honest way, I like to make jokes and I can take jokes so I think that the others can do it too, but it is not always like that.

When I don't like something I say it, and I hate to hear people saying "oh there's such a mess here" but they won't direct to the people who are doing wrong.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Muggsy I think this is one of the best reply I've ever read for months
Old 02-18-2006, 12:03 AM   #37
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:02 PM
Quote:
Somebody has to do it, because it's true.
no, no one has to do it. maybe you've forgotten about our faqs, but name calling is against the rules. i don't care what anyone's said to you or anyone else in the past, it doesn't justify you calling a group of people assholes. i'm not the only mod of that forum and i can't be everywhere, so if i missed an instance where someone was out of line, then i'm sorry. people can always report posts. you know this.

Quote:
What I am saying is, since they aren't here for U2 fandom, which is the purpose of this site, it wouldn't be a loss to the U2 fan community, or their own right to U2 info, if they got what they deserved and were banned. If people only come here to jerk around and others' expense, and that is their only purpose, the entire site is better off without them.

But I can see by your post what I already suspect, you think these people are funny and cool, and they are your buddies, and they will continue to run wild and jump on other people who aren't popular because they somehow have it coming, and that nothing is going to be done about them.
just because you think they deserve to be banned doesn't mean they will be. sorry. like i said above, you see someone breaking a rule? report their post. you know this. the mods cannot be everywhere and catch everything, and sometimes people are spoken to privately. so even so, how do you know sometimes action hasn't been taken against a member? but yes, i do agree that if people only come on here to be rude, then they shouldn't be here. but i don't possess a ban button, so all i can do is yell at people on the forums and make sure sicy knows about the people who are constant troublemakers.

this second paragraph makes me laugh. you have no idea who my friends are. to be honest, i have no idea who you're referring to and i honestly don't care, but i can't think of any friends of mine who'd fit this criteria. the mods don't favour certain members because we're buddy-buddy with them. sorry, your conspiracy theories won't fly.

as others have suggested, if these people are bothering you this much, just put them on your ignore list.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:47 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Are you only here to dicuss U2?

How unfair a statement to say anyone who doesn't post in Everything You Know is Wrong or PLEBA should be banned. Talking about U2 gets old, you can only have the same discussion over the same song so many times. Or at least it's that way for a lot of people. Some people have been here for years and years. If they were allowed to talk about U2 and only U2, you think they'd still be here? Although, maybe that's what you'd like to see, I don't know.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:49 AM   #39
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I cant remember the last time I talked about U2.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:42 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:02 PM
could we just get rid of the U2 threads? so boring
Old 02-18-2006, 10:06 AM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
nothing is going to be done about them.
I do not understand this logic. Is this another "unwritten Internet law" that you must be a fan of a band to post at certain websites?

I know you think I am some sort of "asshole" because you have mentioned that before...so I shall explain a few things: I have been a fan of U2 since 1984 when I was in seventh-grade. That's 22 years. I have been seeing U2 concerts for 18 years (my first concert ever was a JT show). I have a decent collection of U2 things I have purchased over the years.

In April 2001, I was preparing to go see U2 and had been reading Interference for just under two years. I decided to join and see if I could connect with others with a similar passion. Since May 1, 2001 (the day Zonelistener was created), I have met more Interferencers than just about ANYONE who posts here. I have developed some outstanding friendships that will last my lifetime. Interference has become SO much more than a site to discuss U2. So much that my sister recently joined to get to know some of the people I have grown close to. For me, Interference goes far beyond EYKIW or traditional U2 conversation. I have found other interests and conversation topics with people I share the U2 passion with.

My whole life, I have been the type of person who speaks exactly what everyone else is thinking. Sometimes, that makes ME the "asshole" - but it truly is what "EVERYONE" is thinking. They just aren't as "dumb" () to publicly say it.

So, instead of calling people "assholes" ... asking to have them banned because they are not U2 fans...claiming that people are breaking "unwritten Internet rules".....claiming that you are losing some popularity contest...I would try to stop alienating yourself from others by making these posts. Try making friends once in a while!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:54 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

^ Beautifully said!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #43
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
^ Beautifully said!
i agree
Old 02-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #44
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:02 AM
I dont think U2kitten was saying anyone who doesn't talk about U2 is clearly not a fan and should therefore be banned. She was talking about those who seem to only come in here to cause trouble. As Zoney then pointed out though, how on earth do any of us know what level of fandom someone has? Posts on this board indicate nothing as to an extent of someone's fanhood.

So I reckon all this is moot. Besides, I can only think of a handful of people who have come here with no understanding or interest of U2 and nothing but a desire to cause trouble. They have long since been banned. The rest of us are either fans who enjoy the U2 aspects and want to preserve that, or a large group of mixed others who enjoy the other benefits such a large site has.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I know she didn't mean that, exactly. But to me, it comes across as if she is refering to some long standing members here that she doesn't like, and using the excuse that this is a U2 forum and they don't participate in any U2 discussions. Honestly, the mods do a good job of getting rid of the ones that are here just for trouble. Others, someone may personally find annoying or rude, but you can't just go around banning people because they think or react or have a different sense of humor.