The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
:sigh: It's me again, I'm sorry :uhoh: :eek: But is there anything that can be done about this? I really like this avatar

avred.jpg

but the forum wouldn't let me upload it because it was too 'big.' So I put in in boomspeed and tried to do it that way but it still said it was too 'big.' Now this thing is little, and I know too 'big' means resolution, but how can I fix it? I've tried shrinking it but by the time it's small enough to fit (like under 60 pixels) it look so small and dumb it's not worth using. Is there any way I can reduce the resolution in it but keep it a decent size? Thanks for any advice.

This is the smallest I can make it in pixels without it looking lame and it's still too 'big'

Attachments

• avred4.jpg
    avred4.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
that's because the avatar is too big in size. it needs to be a max. of 72x72 pixels (yours is all right, it's 63x68), and a max. of 7k in size. yours is a bit over that.

i shrunk it in file size for you a little, so there shouldn't be any loss of quality.

Attachments

• avred.jpg
    avred.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 44
Thanks! I can resize them in pixels but not file size, how do you do that? It's a shame because my original was perfect 72 x 72 :scream:

U2Kitten said:
Thanks! I can resize them in pixels but not file size, how do you do that? It's a shame because my original was perfect 72 x 72 :scream:
oh, it's really easy. there are some sites that'll let you optimize gifs and jpgs online (without downloading any software or anything). however, the image program i got with my scanner has this cool feature: when i go to save as a jpg, i can choose the percentage of quality. i just selected 95% and it took off like half the filie size! :huh: i'm surprised it shrunk that much!

if you'd like, if you still have the 72x72 pic, i'll shrink the file size for you. :wink:

That's cool and good to have! I've already changed avatars, I'm always changing avatars I'm so fickle :eek: but I might put that one back sometime. If I ever need anything else shrunk in file size it's good to know you can do it, thanks!

Could you please downsize the file size of this one and keep the actual size?

av98.jpg

Back
Top Bottom