The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
i've tried resizing this picture:

ackbar.jpg

and put "IT'S A TRAP!" underneath, but I can't seem to get the size under 7000 bytes. What should I do to get the file size down?

Oh, and how can I have something else pop into the shot like Bee's avatar? Can I do that with photoshop?

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You have to decrease your color settings to optimize the gif, so it depends on the amount of colors in the base layer and the one you're adding on to it. I usually optimize the color settings to something under 63 colors for about 4 to 5 frames.

The 7KB limit seriously blows for gifs :grumpy:

I know its low, but the reason for this is to make the pages load easier for users with slower connections. I've asked Elvis in the past if we could up it. I am going to ask him again. Though, it would be nicer if people would kindly suggest rule changes instead of just insulting them.

Sicy said:
I know its low, but the reason for this is to make the pages load easier for users with slower connections. I've asked Elvis in the past if we could up it. I am going to ask him again. Though, it would be nicer if people would kindly suggest rule changes instead of just insulting them.

Well, it is ridiculous. I haven't seen boards with avatar limits as strict as Interference's.

Anyway, I figured it be useless to suggest anything since he's always been gung hu on keeping the limit what it is :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom