The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks already the right size?

edit: Ah I see the kb is over 12.. should be ok now, I've set it in your profile.

I am trying to put a personal pic I took as my avatar and it says it is too big even though I resized it in my photobucket account...any suggestions?:(

I resized it in photobucket...it says it is 100x75......it looks smaller than the ones you guys all have now....but it won't accept it:(

It's probably larger than 12kb. Mine usually are when I resize them, so I just save them at a lesser quality to knock the file size down.

You have to resize them in a program like Photoshop to be able to get the kb down.

Daddysgonnapay said:
I resized it in photobucket...it says it is 100x75......it looks smaller than the ones you guys all have now....but it won't accept it:(

In Photoshop, going to "File" -> "Save for Web" helps tremendously :up:

thanks for all your suggestions everyone...you need to know I am not the most computer literate...I have a fairly new laptop at home...will it have photoshop on it automatically? I can't seem to find it :huh:
I also have a new computer at work, I looked for photoshop on it today too...where should I look for it (told ya...not to wise with puters!)

I don't have photoshop and it can usually still be done. Most computers will have some form of Microsoft Paint. If you see that. Open your pic with that. Choose File and Save as, save it as a jpg. Even if it ALREADY is a jpg, usually saving it that way again will reduce the kb's. I've also actually emailed the pic to myself and that will sometimes reduce it as well. Give that a try!

bonocomet said:
I don't have photoshop and it can usually still be done. Most computers will have some form of Microsoft Paint. If you see that. Open your pic with that. Choose File and Save as, save it as a jpg. Even if it ALREADY is a jpg, usually saving it that way again will reduce the kb's. I've also actually emailed the pic to myself and that will sometimes reduce it as well. Give that a try!

OK that all made sense to me...I found "paint" I saved it etc etc...and when I submit it it still says it is too big:( ...I will try the email thing and see if that works! thanks for trying to help me

didn't work.... ok I will put the pic just in here from my photo bucket...it is one I took of Bono in Hawaii:drool:

regular pic
DSC01076.jpg

and resized pic
Dsc01076-1.jpg

i can't get either to work

My daughter used her photoshop for these. :wink: She enhanced the color a bit on one as well. Either should work!

DaddysgonnapayHI1.gif

DaddysgonnapayHI2.gif

:D :D :happy:

WOW!!! Thanks...and thanks to your daughter too!

It is frustrating to not know how to do certain things...but i sure have come along way in the last few years! Maybe I will figure this out one day too:wink: thanks again..it looks great!

Shag On A Rock said:
I thought the pics were clearer. I didn't realise they were bigger. :lol:

I have no idea where my original pic is so I might take another pic of my feet on the monitor. :drool:

Beli!

:wave:

Same here! I had to go with a new avi altogether, because I had no idea where the original had gone to!

Hope you are well!

Back
Top Bottom