automatic log out?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ok this has finally frustrated me enough to bring it up...

So, when I first sign on to interference, I'll log in...but then...
Why is it that as I'm reading the forums and going through stuff, I'm able to click on links, etc....then all of a sudden 15 minutes later I'll be searching through interference stuff and i'll get to a link and I can't see it? I have to log back in again, and then go back and find the page I was looking at...and same thing with posting, I can't post either after a little bit, I have to go log in again, click on the specific forum, find the thread again, find the page, then the message, then finally I can reply...that is just so incredibly annoying and frustrating...can someone tell me what is going on please? It could be something simple that I'm not aware of, if so, forgive me as I haven't been here too long, but damn...this is really bugging me :mad:

Are you using the AOL browser? If you are, stop using it. Use IE or firefox. etc. AOL has a problem with holding interference cookies for some reason.

Try clearing your cache/ cookies, restart browser and try again.
Make sure you have your user options set to browse the board with cookies.

I used to have this problem too, then it suddenly stopped.
I didn't do anything different, so I remain clueless.

However sometimes when I'm writing novel length PMs I've learned the hard way to keep a copy before clicking send, since sometimes my literary marvels would be lost cause I'd been logged out.
*Very* frustrating.

~BrightestStar~ said:
You're just jealous you haven't gotten one.

The prose is said to be so near to perfection that Chuck Norris weeps.

Liar. Chuck Norris only weeps when large fires have to be put out.

Anyway...

Any luck, Rob?

Netscape gives me the same problem, since IE and Firefox fail for no reason on my 1999 PC.

Bonochick said:

Liar. Chuck Norris only weeps when large fires have to be put out.

Anyway...

Any luck, Rob?

sorry for late response...I kind of forgot about this thread because I just figured it was hopeless :(

yeah it happens every day of my life still haha...it's been happening all day today :shrug:

In fact, about 15 minutes ago I'm looking in another forum (normally I'm in EYKIW) and I click on a thread, and I find a link that someone posted that I really wanted to see, but I couldn't because apparently I wasn't logged in (even though I've had to log in today at least 10 times)...so anyway, I click "login here!" and login, then of course get reset, and have to click on "U2 Feedback" to get the main forum choices again....and i have to go back to the forum, then the thread, then find the right page (in big threads this is frustrating)...but this time, I wasn't able to do it :( ...so I've been looking all over the forums now for this thread and can't seem to find it, and now i checked here cause maybe the thread was in this forum, I just don't know! haha, i forgot! and that is how i stumbled upon this old thread that I created haha

another thing that happens to me is if i'm typing up a lengthy post that takes time to complete before posting, when I finally finish, I click submit and it says I'm not logged in all of a sudden, even though I had to have been logged in to even start my reply post, so I guess it logs me out as I'm typing my response....so what I eventually figured out was that after i hit submit, it asks me to login again, right? so i login and then i just click the back arrow in firefox browser and it takes me back to my post, then i can click submit and it will work...so i just login in then press back and then submit it. This seems like a problem related to the one above this...like I am being automatically logged out for some reason...

I hope you can understand what I'm describing, I'm very tired, I'm just trying to find this one thread with that link in it, then I can sleep peacefully :)

I just don't know...:shrug:

Don't worry about it though, hopefully it's just a moment, this time will pass..

I still love the place! :D

Last edited:
Ok, "Remember Username and password" in your profile was set to NO so I changed it. Log out and log back in and see how that goes.

:ohmy:

oh crap, Sicy, I think you just fixed it! :)

It's weird, I already had it so when I type in my username my password automatically came up...but I guess now everything is remembered?

Well whatever exactly you did I'm pretty sure you fixed it! Thanks! :D

Mine does it sporadically. It's happening tonight, and I've had to log back in three times over the past two hours.

In fact, it just happened again FOUR TIMES when I tried to post this message. Fifth time's a charm...

It's been happening to me for the past day, too! In fact, I had just logged in for the 20th time, came to this forum to look for threads regarding the problem, clicked on the first page, and then when I clicked on the second, I had to log in yet again.

I'm using a fairly fresh install of Firefox from just two weeks ago, so I shouldn't be having cookie issues already, should I? :huh:

Crap, I just hit submit reply and I had to log in again - twice. :scream:

Same. It seems to happen only in the evening and night time. I figured at first that maybe I'd left myself logged in on my dad's computer and he was checking the place out, but I know for a fact that he's not up at 2 or 3 in the morning, when it's been happening.

:shrug:

Please clear your cookies/cache, log out, restart browser then try again.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that the next time it happens. I don't think it's a problem on Interference's end, because there are a few websites I stay logged in at that I had to relog into again while it was happening here. Other sites were okay, though.

I just find it weird that it would be happening to me now, since like I said, I'm using a copy of Firefox that I installed clean two weeks ago. I've used it on other computers for well over a year with no problems like this happening.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom