ATTN: Your help is needed to create the largest U2 image archive on the net!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SicilianGoddess

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Elvis is working on a U2 image archive so that we will not have to deal with webshots, geocities, angelfire and everything else that has frustrated us so much regarding uploading and posting pictures. For right now I need all your help to upload the best U2 pictures you have from your computer to the archive site. For now it is not for public access.. Elvis wants to work on getting a nice chunk of pictures uploaded, and later they will be sorted and available for posting.

Please name your files as specifically as possible, as duplicate file names will be overwritten. The program accepts jpg, gif, bmp, png, and zip files.

This is for U2 and U2 related pictures only.

Here is the website address where you can upload your pictures: http://satellite33.interference.com/archive/

Until the 1mb web upload is fixed you can ALSO upload with ftp:
ftp://images:u2@satellite33.interference.com:21000/

In Internet Explorer you should just be able to drag and drop files and folders.

I?d like to take a moment to thank Elvis! This will be really cool once its available.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 03-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Elvis (edited 03-26-2002).]

Sicy,

OK this may be a stupid question but when you say images, do you want people to only upload their own personal images.

When I posted pics in PLEBA for example I don't usually go through the bother of downloading them to my own pic page - I just post directly from the web page. So do you want us to post what I would call "other people's pics" and if so I suppose that the only thing is to make sure before we upload them that their website does not specifically say do not take these pics unless authorized to do so.

Can you just clarify and then I'll upload away girl!

Thank you, Elvis! The image archive will rock!

So do you want us to post what I would call "other people's pics" and if so I suppose that the only thing is to make sure before we upload them that their website does not specifically say do not take these pics unless authorized to do so.

Almost all my U2 pics are ones that I found somewhere and decided to save for myself. You want us to upload those, right? Like icelady said, should we just upload pics as long as the website we got them from didn't specifically say not to?

To answer your questions, yes.

The pictures should come from your hard drive, of course as long as whereever you got the pictures from allows permission for re-usage.

having a few problems with large files being uploaded. I will fix it this evening...

until then: 1 MB limit temporarily per file

Thanks,

Joel

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/
elvis@interference.com

Great idea.
smile.gif

I'm trying to send a big zip file of my show pictures via FTP, and it's saying upload not allowed??? what am i doing wrong?
frown.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Thats on a different server. Elvis has little servers as well.

But anyway this project is on hold right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom