Annoying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Why when I click on a link to another thread at interference does it say this? It's kind of annoying. It does everytime.

"Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only reload/refresh a page every 1 second. This is to prevent flooding."

Well, as the message said, it is to prevent flooding. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with taking it easy on the server. For people with slower Internet connections, they probably don't have that message come up...since their connection (obviously) doesn't go fast enough to generate such a problem.

This is just my guess though...we'll have to hear from the man himself to be certain.

I don't think it has somethin to do with slower connection speeds, I mean it could... but I have a slow connection speed... but who knows :wink:
hhmmm :hmm:

Well, I was thinking that someone with a slower connection wouldn't have a page reload so fast, therefore the message wouldn't come up...but...I could be wrong. :laugh:

I've had this happen too. It's when I'm trying to move from forum to forum. If you use the bar for forum jump, and then you press the go button, you get that message. It makes the go button superfluous. And it endangers my computer's well-being. :mad:

Constantly happening to me when I try to click a link someone posts to another thread etc. I have to agree that its annoying :crack:

i have dial up connection. i've only seen the message once. i think i was trying to send a PM :scratch:

Comes up for me all the time now. I've learned to just hit "Refresh" and go on about my merry way. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom