Add Threadmarking Option

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

subnet

New Yorker
It would be nice if you could add an ability to threadmark (aka bookmark) threads in such a manner that the site directs you to the last read or "threadmarked" point. This is useful for those who want to check on feedback from one's post, for those who simply want to return to where they left off the day before. It's also useful for those who prefer not to subscribe to a thread either.

And lastly, it would work well on very active threads.

I think I understand what you're saying, but I dont know if its possible.

But basically, to find where you left off in a thread, you just open the thread and click the 'view first unread' link on the upper left and corner, that will take you right where you left off in the thread.

For me it's not a big deal, the "view first unread" works really well. There have just been a few times where I've forgotten to click on that, and have inadvertently clicked on the last page before realizing I had more than that to catch up on, but by clicking the last page, what would have been the "first unread" spot is lost.

Also, there is something I've been wondering about. Is there a limit on how far back "view first unread" will take you? Lately I've had some extra time to catch up on threads I haven't read in a long time, but when I click first unread, it only takes me back a week. Again, not really a big deal, it doesn't happen often, and it's not that hard to find my place. In fact, "view first unread" is one of my favourite things about the site upgrade, it never used to work for me at all on the old site.

does this only work for me?

No, that's another way of getting to the "view first unread" that I mentioned. Like I said, it works very well for me, except when I screw up and click the last page before I've read earlier pages, and, it only seems to take me back a week, no matter how long it's been since I've read. I just thought the thread marking idea would be another option...but as I said, in my case, it's really not a big deal.

Also, there is something I've been wondering about. Is there a limit on how far back "view first unread" will take you?

I actually have no clue. I thought it was supposed to work as far back as you havent read.

omg I've never used either :doh:

thanks for pointing this out, this should work for me. I suspect adding a specific bookmark to a thread would have to wait for a new site redesign

I actually have no clue. I thought it was supposed to work as far back as you havent read.

I've noticed the same thing as VP. After about a week or two, it will only take you so far back. It's really no big deal, but it would be cool if it would actually take you to your spot, no matter how long it's been since you've read the thread.

Back
Top Bottom