Achmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Is anyone else getting this advert at the top of the site for a cellphone ringtone??

"Meet Achmed. Silence!! I kill you!"

Glomobi: home

It's quite disturbing.

Can it be removed please?

I've had that for MONTHS :crack: it's annoying the f out of me since that sketch is years old.
If you don't know what it's about you'll probably find it even more disturbing, it's a sketch by Jeff Dunham with a puppet named Achmed.

I believe Andy had told me that we don't really have much control over which ads pop up as they are rotating.

lol.. which thread/forum is it in? I think sometimes it changes according to what's being talked about on the boards...

VivaytrabajeenAustralia.png

:heart:

I'd love to know what's triggering this ad I keep seeing in FYM inviting us to join a message board for bed-wetters. :hmm:

Haven't seen this Achmed thing, though I do see an ad for ringtones by the 'comedian' who created Achmed at the top of this thread right now.

I thought I would post it in here instead of a new thread:

At work I don't have an adblocker and I just recently paid for the silver membership so I can't disable ads.
Unfortunately I keep getting some halloween themed ad with an annoying sound quite often, and having sound not always turned off it's all the more annoying. So is there a way to at least filter ads that make sounds?

Thank you. :) Pretty embarrassing when some crazy sounds come out of the comp... ah mac.

In the meantime, it could possibly be spyware. Try running adaware or another malware/spyware program.

Hm, it is one of the big banners which appear on the top of the page, like the Achmed ad complained about before. And only on this page.
I don't have any administrative access on the macs, though.

Back
Top Bottom