about those darn envelopes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irelandwhispers

War Child
Do the papers in the little envelopes mean there are posts I haven't read in a thread?

If so, why do threads that I have read completely suddenly go back to having papers in the envelopes again, even though nobody has posted anything new?

:scratch:

336%3B%3A99523232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233848%3A4368ot1lsi

Ones with a black seal on them (or some say they are holes) mean that you have posted in that thread.

If you read something, and it is still showing as being unread, make sure to click on the "Mark Forum Read" link towards the top right (under the Post button).

Last edited:
What's happening is that I will read a lot of them, and the papers disappear, but I check back later and the papers return. Strange. Maybe it's because more people are reading the posts even though they're not replying?

Once the papers reappear, that means that more replies have been added to a thread.

Are you marking the forums read after you finish reading the threads in it?

Bonochick said:
Once the papers reappear, that means that more replies have been added to a thread.

Are you marking the forums read after you finish reading the threads in it?

That's the problem...I HAVE read the replies, and when I go back to control panel or wherever after reading them, there are no papers. They've been marked as read, right? Then I go back later again, and there are still no new replies, but the papers magically reappear again! It's like my cookies are being eaten or something...

:confused:

It's not really important to figure it out, but it's really weird. Maybe I'm just :coocoo:

Even if you read them all, you still have to click the Mark Forum Read link for the threads to continue to reflect that you have read them.

At least I have to...maybe my browser has goofy settings. :shrug:

Anybody else have something to add?

I really dont know. The envelopes should turn gray after you read them :shrug:

Bonochick said:
Even if you read them all, you still have to click the Mark Forum Read link for the threads to continue to reflect that you have read them.

At least I have to...maybe my browser has goofy settings. :shrug:

The envelope gods are laughing at us.

Back
Top Bottom