ability to see spoilers in mobile app

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I was just going to say, I have no problems with the spoiler tags on my iphone. What phone do you have Headache?

Its frustrated me for some time now that Android users are being ignored regarding this issue.

I think I remember letting them know when you had the issue. I will send another email.

Andy is busy making babies so I've asked Janet to contact the app developer about this.

In the meantime can you check if you have the latest version, because apparently there have been a couple of updates recently.

So it looks like the android does not support this.. the app developer's response:

The spoiler tag is unsupported period. The reason it may be working through the iOS app is because there is a feature that allows you to tap the actual individual post and load the post in a HTML browser (which will support the Spoiler tags). This feature is not in Android (likely will be added at a later date). The bottom line is that we cant add it until android supports it.

I've seen plenty of apps that you can click on something and it loads a browser page inside the app. Seems like a bit of an annoying step to have to take in order to read the spoilers, but I'd take anything.

(Please note, I'm not trying to be bitchy, I'm very glad to have a response on this matter :) )

cobl04 said:
One thing... The smilies are fucking SHIT

I agree. Is it at all possible to get smilies on the mobile app?

Other than that and the spoiler thing, it's a great app. This post is from the app, in fact.

Oooh i like this new see threads you've posted in feature. The regular interference doesn't have something like that, does it?

However, the app has crashed on me five times in the last 30 minutes. No exaggeration

Back
Top Bottom