A suggestion - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2004, 04:23 AM   #16
Jesus Online
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Jamila
Just asking a question of the mods - thank you for the info, Sicy.

It just seems that if private "rebuke" IS given to those who consistently do not seem to know how to disagree politely and respectly,
because they continue week after week to find new Interferencers to target with their negativity.

Maybe private "rebuke" doesn't work with some folks and pulling their posting privileges is the only way to keep Interference a fun place for ALL OF US to visit.

I'm just paraphrasing what we all signed when we joined this site - hopefully no one thinks that is controversial.

But thanks for the info, Sicy, I guess I didn't think I would ever need the "report post" feature -
I tend to believe the best in others.

By and large, the mod forums are a busy place where we spend a lot of time discussing the issues that arise on these forums. We spend a lot of time talking to people off the site and sometimes in the threads themselves. No method will ever be perfect, but Elvis has put together a very diversified group of mods who try to tackle every problem from all possible angles. You may see delays in getting rid of troubling issues, and at times there are. We aren't dictators and given that this is 'just' a forum it cuts both ways. We don't want to be total hardarses all the time and do like to give people the benefit of the doubt and an opportunity to consider for themselves whatever point has been raised.

Anything contrary to the private rebuke will probably never happen here as public humiliation is something I dont think any of us would ever appreciate. We might give a warning to a thread or ask people to tone it down, but we'll never have public floggings.

<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 06-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Thanks, AngelaHarlem, but I never asked for public humiliation of any poster - I wouldn't want it for myself or anyone else.

My contention simply is that we all sign an agreement when we join Interference to act in a respectful (no personal attacks) way with each other and if some posters CONSISTENTLY are reacting to other posters in a way that CONTRADICTS the agreement that they signed when they joined, FOR THE GOOD OF THE REPUTATION OF THIS SITE AND FOR THOSE WHO DO ABIDE BY THE AGREEMENT, there should NO hesitation to remove those posters from Interference - no matter who they are.

That's all I am trying to state - the terms of the agreement we ALL signed when we joined Interference.

Bit I DO appreciate your feedback. That is what we are here for - to discuss things in a RATIONAL manner.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:27 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Oh yeah - and I'm done posting for now on this subject. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to carry this discussion on longer than it needs to go, but I DO think that this subject needs to be looked regularly to keep Interference THE BEST U2 site around and one that EVERYONE can feel comfortable at.

I try to have the ULTIMATE BEST INTEREST for the success of Interference in mind when. I want us to be a fun and inclusive place for everyone and not a "country club" atmosphere for a few.

I'm sure you all really do feel the same.

So, thanks, sicy and angela harlem, for your feedback - it is MUCH appreciated.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:52 PM
While we're at the topic of rebuking, was this done in the case of, for example, jick's constant negativity about U2 or shaun vox's constant moaning about ATYCLB?

Because I fail to see any point in negative posting about U2 on a U2 fan forum. (which is why I had the suggestion.)
Old 06-23-2004, 05:10 PM   #20
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 02:52 PM
jick is currently suspended from EYKIW.. does that make you feel better? These things are done in private.. and the mods can be contacted at any time, like I said, if you are having a problem with a specific member.

You can be a U2 fan, but not like certain songs.. it is not that unheard of, and I cant see every U2 fan liking every single song and album U2 has put out. Some people just have a more tactful way of expressing their dislikes than others.

SO... in closing, I dont think we'll be having a forum just for negativity. Thank you for your suggestions though

Closed Thread