A query more than an idea.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palace_Hero

Refugee, Note: Troll-like
The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference.
But why on earth are chat/game threads in LS archived? It is bad enough having them cluttering the forums and diluting the quality of topics, though that isn't my issue as I know it has been discussed. But surely when there are complaints about server loads and problems when the site is busy, it makes no sense to archive threads that have the same inane chatter non stop.

Why would anyone track back thorugh a game thread?

While it is more realistic than the aforementioned game threads, do people want to track back through chat threads? I know I don't read back thorugh my MSN convo archives (though I keep them just in case and they are small, it isn't comparable).

I just think is is a bit nonsense to be hogging board space with archived rubbish, let alone having it go on in real time. Plus stopping this practice would allow the real quality of good threads to be available to those who are inclined to indulge in some nostalgia.

Really, why is this done? I wouldn't bring this up if I didn't think it could be of benefit to Int., as it is atleast kept away in another forum. My only gripe on that front then is that there is a poor service for archiving good threads, like I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom