A place to make spicier questions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I remember that in the zoo there was this place where people could make spicier questions, of a more sexual nature, you know things you do, things you've done or that you want to do or whatever. Experiences you wanna tell. Don't get me wrong I'm no perv :reject: . It?s just a suggestion about something that I feel is missing on this site.

buy premium members ship and check out Mr. Pussy's Cafe de Luxe in Everything You Know Is Wrong/Everything You Know Was Wrong....

well confessionals is good for tame topics, as long as the content isn't too graphic.
mr pussy's is more of a pub type environment where the prems pretty much can say what they want, but dont on the whole.

we have a young audience on here to consider so i think this is fine for everyone who is of a legal and responsible age, it is tricky for those who are not.

Angela Harlem said:
well confessionals is good for tame topics, as long as the content isn't too graphic.
mr pussy's is more of a pub type environment where the prems pretty much can say what they want, but dont on the whole.

we have a young audience on here to consider so i think this is fine for everyone who is of a legal and responsible age, it is tricky for those who are not.

Isn't there a way to make impossible for those who aren't of a certain age to get inside the place?

there isnt a way really for us to guarantee anyone's age in general. paying for subscription with a credit card is a good start, but no guarantee either. anyone could use someone else's.

to be honest, i think this is a topic which could never have set boundaries once we started it. a sex fetish to you, might be a moral crime to someone else. now in most situations we would say if you dont like something, dont post there. but everyone has the same rights around here so how would we moderate that? a sex fetish to some is quite normal. action taken from offence to it is nothing but censorship.

literally, (and I am curious and sincere in asking) how would you set up boundaries in terms of images and written content? sex is such a broad topic where pretty much everyone is going to have a different idea of what is ok, how can we as moderators set it up so everyone is happy? if we keep it to the bare minimum, the purpose is really lost as there is already confessionals and mr pussy's. we cannot exclude members knowingly in a forum based on their own personal sets of beliefs.

Angela Harlem said:
there isnt a way really for us to guarantee anyone's age in general. paying for subscription with a credit card is a good start, but no guarantee either. anyone could use someone else's.

to be honest, i think this is a topic which could never have set boundaries once we started it. a sex fetish to you, might be a moral crime to someone else. now in most situations we would say if you dont like something, dont post there. but everyone has the same rights around here so how would we moderate that? a sex fetish to some is quite normal. action taken from offence to it is nothing but censorship.

literally, (and I am curious and sincere in asking) how would you set up boundaries in terms of images and written content? sex is such a broad topic where pretty much everyone is going to have a different idea of what is ok, how can we as moderators set it up so everyone is happy? if we keep it to the bare minimum, the purpose is really lost as there is already confessionals and mr pussy's. we cannot exclude members knowingly in a forum based on their own personal sets of beliefs.

It?s a difficult subject indeed I?m not sure which rules I would make. But first I just want to say that I don't think that there should be pictures of sexual nature posted. I think that in a board with the discussions we're talking about that could be more offensive than words. I don't think there's anything wrong in having rules for this specific place we're talking. But I think the title of the threads would pretty much tell you if you want to read the content of it or not. Like if you read "What's your opinion on oral sex? have you done it?" you'll have a pretty good idea of what it is about and you will make your choice. Am I being too vague?

That's not too vague. It is the kind of thing we would all need to get a concensus on beforehand. Which leads to my next point of how much a forum like this would be appreciated. We do already have a large number of forums, but if the majority want this, we can look at ways of getting it to happen.

I'm not sure I am doing a good job here seperating my own personal opinion from one in terms of the good of the board. As personally I feel it is not a good idea. That isn't to say there is no merit in it, but there are many cons to this as far as I can see. We need to decide if Interference is going to benefit from having topics like this, will the members be able to keep up responsibility while using that forum, will the complaints (which trust me, will happen as they do in pretty much every forum here lol) outweigh it's success, do we really want to get to know our fellow members in such a way? I can't personally think of any one good reason why I'd want to read about someone else's sex life or views on sex let alone share my own. Not based on a moral judgement, but because it really doesn't interest me. But unlike you guys, I'd have to moderate this lol so my personal opinion might be affecting this too much.

Hmm, I guess we need to hear more opinions, though ultimately Elvis will make the call.

Angela Harlem said:
I can't personally think of any one good reason why I'd want to read about someone else's sex life or views on sex let alone share my own. Not based on a moral judgement, but because it really doesn't interest me.

That's where I'm at :uhoh:

Angela Harlem said:
That's not too vague. It is the kind of thing we would all need to get a concensus on beforehand. Which leads to my next point of how much a forum like this would be appreciated. We do already have a large number of forums, but if the majority want this, we can look at ways of getting it to happen.

I'm not sure I am doing a good job here seperating my own personal opinion from one in terms of the good of the board. As personally I feel it is not a good idea. That isn't to say there is no merit in it, but there are many cons to this as far as I can see. We need to decide if Interference is going to benefit from having topics like this, will the members be able to keep up responsibility while using that forum, will the complaints (which trust me, will happen as they do in pretty much every forum here lol) outweigh it's success, do we really want to get to know our fellow members in such a way? I can't personally think of any one good reason why I'd want to read about someone else's sex life or views on sex let alone share my own. Not based on a moral judgement, but because it really doesn't interest me. But unlike you guys, I'd have to moderate this lol so my personal opinion might be affecting this too much.

Hmm, I guess we need to hear more opinions, though ultimately Elvis will make the call.

I kinda agree with you actually. And I understand what you mean. But I'm honestly talking about healthy discussions on sex and relationships. Not just sex (the image I'm getting that you are creating is of a too graphic forum) but flirting and the eye contacts and all that happens before and after too. I also don't want to know very intensively about other people's sex life but I guess they would be the judges of when to stop talking. I understand your worries about if a person would know when to stop cause I share it too.

Yep, my apologies. I think I was only looking at the more severe end of the scale in terms of what can go wrong rather than only healthy discussion on sex and relationships. For this, it would be easier to extend Confessionals to be a bit more liberal.

And now I will depart this thread and let others speak :D

Angela Harlem said:
Yep, my apologies. I think I was only looking at the more severe end of the scale in terms of what can go wrong rather than only healthy discussion on sex and relationships.

It's okay, you are a moderator after all, that's your job. :up:

Angela Harlem said:
For this, it would be easier to extend Confessionals to be a bit more liberal.

Really? I don't know if people would like that very much. I mean there are threads there about death, unemployment, financial instability, depression. Maybe a sub forum would be better.

Last edited:
You can post more 'personal' discussions in your journal if you wish.

theSoulfulMofo said:
buy premium members ship and check out Mr. Pussy's Cafe de Luxe in Everything You Know Is Wrong/Everything You Know Was Wrong....

I agree. I've never posted there, but I guess that's where racier stuff goes. Besides, it's only for premium members which is best for sex discussions. Get a membership and try your ideas there. If we added yet another forum, ANY net surffing perv could register for free and post....ew....

Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I can't personally think of any one good reason why I'd want to read about someone else's sex life or views on sex let alone share my own. Not based on a moral judgement, but because it really doesn't interest me.

Me too. That's also why I don't enjoy dirty movies, and I don't like fanfic that deals with graphic sex details, slash or straight. I'm not judging anyone who likes it, whatever floats your boat. But I don't find it arousing, fun, or even entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom