A New Chapter for Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
BTW, what part of the world are you located in?
I am originally from Dallas so that is where my "home base" is. I don't rent an apartment or own a home, instead I opt to travel and work. So when I am back home I stay at my Dad's place and when I am abroad I rent apartments, houses, villas, stay at backpackers or hostels. It ranges from the post to the bare basics. It's a different lifestyle but it has allowed me to see many amazing places and meet tons of cool new friends. In the last few years I have spent significant time in Brazil, Argentina, Africa, Australia, SE Asia and Europe. The cost of living this way is about the same as renting an apartment, paying for utilities, car insurance, etc. So it costs the same but it's just different... It does get old and I plan to settle some day, near a beach or mountains (Red Rocks) would be nice.

waynetravis said:
When will this change?
Will it be gradual or just happen over night kinda thing :drool:
We will announce the date and time of the server move and upgrade. It will probably require us to turn off the site for about 12 hours. We will let you know so you can plan to do other things.

12 hours? What will we do, what will we do

Yell.gif

:wink:

Thanks for the info Andy - sounds like you lead an interesting life :up:

Andy R said:
I am originally from Dallas so that is where my "home base" is. I don't rent an apartment or own a home, instead I opt to travel and work. So when I am back home I stay at my Dad's place and when I am abroad I rent apartments, houses, villas, stay at backpackers or hostels.
nice :drool:

and i keep checking in here to answer questions and you guys have already answered them :mad: :wink:

Andy R said:
I'll also make a commitment to donate to charities and support our members when they do things like events to raise money for charities. You know the kind of things like the Susan G Komen walk for a cure (womens breast cancer). I'd like to sponsor our members and do things to be a good member of the community.

Hi Andy,

I am bike riding for diabetes in June. :wink:

Your friend,
Doozer :D

Sicy said:

You seem to want all the features that the staff has, not a chance sister :wink:
You mean we won't be able to ban people at whim? :sad:

:ban: :ban: :ban:

Nope, not working ><

Andy R said:
The revenue from the site will go to offset the hosting and server costs (just like the past). I do plan to try and get some advertisers (which can be challenging with forums sometimes) so if I can land some then we will be cash flow positive and I will try to find ways to take care of our awesome team. I'll also make a commitment to donate to charities and support our members when they do things like events to raise money for charities. You know the kind of things like the Susan G Komen walk for a cure (womens breast cancer). I'd like to sponsor our members and do things to be a good member of the community. Yes, Interference was an investment for me (both time and money) I don't want to hide around that fact but please have some faith in knowing I will try to find ways to take care of the people who take of this site. It might be in the form of tickets to shows, flights to Ireland, CDs, a gift card to Starbucks, etc. If the gettin' is good the goodies will be better if the pickin's are slim then we all just have to go hungry and wait for a boom.

I appreciate the response. I wish you the best of luck finding the advertisers. If you were able to be cash-flow positive with advertisers and "give back" to the advertised...great.

I recently read an article in the Washington Post Sunday Magazine that painted a picture of what Washington D.C. (and our culture) may look like in 17 years. It mentioned the possibility that people could be far more connected to people through online communities rather than the physical communities the live in.

It was an interesting viewpoint from someone who has "communed" in the Interference community for seven years, but has had five different residences in four different states in that same time period.

Ah, the future is now. Is the end near?

Sicy said:

They dont do other things. :wink:

don't you mean "we" :sexywink:

twelve hours......I generally work noon to 10 pm pst so you may shut down during those hours :flirt:

and thanks for keeping it blue :love: I can't imagine blue crack without the blue........

Looks like things are going to be getting better for Interference in the near future

and I really hope the changing username thing comes true, because I only have 25 months left with this name before it's a lie :wink:

12 hours? :ohmy: That's a long time!!! Hopefully it'll be while NZ sleeps so I wake up to a new interference :yes:

The anticipation is almost like waiting for Santa!! :hyper:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Heh, you should shut crack down whenever the album breaks. Can you imagine the chaos? :angel:

FTW!!!

Irishteen said:
and I really hope the changing username thing comes true, because I only have 25 months left with this name before it's a lie :wink:

Moving out of Ireland or growing up? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom