A New Chapter for Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elvis said:
Just wanted to thank everyone for the 'thanks' and well wishes.

I would like to clarify though, that while the site is now in the hands of Andy, I'll still be around. I couldn't ever just walk away from Interference, I love it tooooo much :D

On a personal side note.....
The nicest thing about this new chapter, for me, though is that I can be a 'fan' again. Running this site for nearly 12 years has presented some great opportunities, but also created some restrictions on my 'fandom'.

Yay!! Elvis is staying in the building!!!!! :shifty: Does that mean we'll see you more reglularly now you're back to being a 'fan'?

I definitely love the signatures the way they currently are here. On one or two other forums I visit, the signatures are out of control. I like the minimalism here. :up: We still have lots of options, but like COBL said, it's horrible having to navigate thru all that before finding the posts.

Looking forward to the new stuff! :drool:

^ I ve been Rickrolled too :grumpy:

Congratulations, hope changes are good, for both, interference and elvis :D Thanks for making this great site :hug:

I´ve been a member for a long time and I´m very used to this look and features, but I trust your words when you say that this will be good (sicy´s and Elvis & co) :D, in the other hand, the members will be the same and at the end that is what makes a good comunity :hug:

This is the end of an era! :bow:
:sad:

Hope I made sense! :lol:

Caroni said:
in the other hand, the members will be the same and at the end that is what makes a good comunity :hug:

That is SUCH a good point. :up:

Another question.....

It's something I've seen crop up a few times with others...they change their user name, but lose their 'history' as in their original join date and posts....anyway of making it so you can merge or retain that info whilst changing usernames?

I'll add a photo to my profile shortly
:sexywink:

Yes, you will be able to change your username after the upgrade without loosing historical data. We are going to setup a help desk to handle all these requests, we'll post the link to open a new ticket for that soon.

gluey said:
Another question.....

It's something I've seen crop up a few times with others...they change their user name, but lose their 'history' as in their original join date and posts....anyway of making it so you can merge or retain that info whilst changing usernames?

No one will be able to change their username, that's not going to change. That would be entirely too confusing for the community. It will be the same thing, if they want to change thier username they would need to re-register. On occasion I can make a change if its a special cirucumstance or situation.

Andy R said:
Yes, you will be able to change your username after the upgrade without loosing historical data. We are going to setup a help desk to handle all these requests, we'll post the link to open a new ticket for that soon.

Ok we posted at the same time. Why would we want to allow members to change their usernames?

Oppps, sorry. I did not know the policy was to not be able to change names. Sometimes members have good reasons for changing their names so when they present a case it's really easy to change. An example might be when someone uses the same name on other sites and gets a stalker. Others have something in their life change like a last name or event that makes their name no longer relevant and want to get it updated. Each site has their own policy on this. Let's talk about this more after the move.

:drool:

The journals will now be called blogs, and there are TONS of things you can do with them. A few optional features include allowing or not allowing comments to be posted, moderating comments before approving them, subscriptions, allowing only members on your contact list to view your blog and/or leave comments. An advanced comment box for responses, save blog as a draft, searching blogs, report a blog entry.

Lots of fun stuff :combust:

Will the buddy system still be around? And will there still be able to be mystery buddies on our lists that we have never heard of? :uhoh:

and will the buddies still be :( on the button? :hmm:

COBL_04 said:

and i just looked up 'rickroll', this must be just me, but how on earth is that funny. :huh:

Have you actually watched the video? Look at the guy. Listen to the song. Tell me that isn't hilarious.

The new blog journals sound excellent. :up:

bonocomet said:
Will the buddy system still be around? And will there still be able to be mystery buddies on our lists that we have never heard of? :uhoh:

and will the buddies still be :( on the button? :hmm:

Yes you will still have your buddy list but it will be called Contacts & Friends. The buttons will be different. You will instead be able to click on a members username and get a drop down box with various options, such as add as a contact.

You know, I dont think I ever noticed that the buddies had sad faces on the buttons... :lol: I wonder why they're sad.

There is going to be a section in your profile where you can upload pics.

Back
Top Bottom