A New Chapter for Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One thing I would like to see, would be something similar to what macrumors.com has. The "Forum Spy" is awesome. I think this would be great here in the crack. Have you guys seen this?

Go to the site, then click on forums and you will see it almost in the middle part of the page. It refreshes the page automatically when someone else posts a new reply.

Good luck Elvis!

Welcome Andy!

And thanks for the words of comfort Sicy.

I'm all for change. Let the new chapter begin...

I'm really happy to see people excited! :D

As Andy mentioned earlier about premiums..

Andy R said:
No, nothing will change with your subscriptions. We will be looking at ways to bring more value for those of you who subscribe while at the same time trying to give non-subscribers a little more access also. We have not worked out the details but we have started talking about it. After the upgrade and a few other projects we will circle back to this.

The front page will also have a brand new look, but I'm not sure if that will be ready when the forums are ready, that may come later. Andy can confirm.

This may be a stupid question, but do our username and post counts remain the same? Or is that going to be different?

We are going to try and get all the articles that have appeared on the home page loaded into a content management system. As of right now it looks like we will be moving the site to our server and in the same process upgrading the forum software and rolling out the shell of the new home page. Then we will need your help in finding all the glitches so we can fix them. Once that is done then we can look at new features to add but we want to get the basics just right first.

Lila64 said:

Best of luck to your Joel. And welcome to Andy :wave:

Be gentle with us :wink:

ditto that too. :)

:wave: thanks
elvispresley.jpg

:wave: welcome
andykaufman.jpg

Sicy said:
Change scares me too, but I just want to say that I am really excited about this. The board is being upgraded to the most current version of vbulletin and there will be sooo many cool new features, I know once everyone gets used to it they will LOVE it.

Andy is a really nice guy and he knows what he's doing. Nothing is going to change as far as the staff and how we run things here. We're just going to have a much better forum, its going to be really fun trust me.

The staff really needs the member's support right now. Any questions or concerns PLEASE post them in this thread and we will address them as best as we can.

Oh, no...:ohmy: Will I have to learn something new after I just got the hang of this?

Best Wishes Joel!

Welcome Andy:wave:

Just wanted to thank everyone for the 'thanks' and well wishes.

I would like to clarify though, that while the site is now in the hands of Andy, I'll still be around. I couldn't ever just walk away from Interference, I love it tooooo much :D

On a personal side note.....
The nicest thing about this new chapter, for me, though is that I can be a 'fan' again. Running this site for nearly 12 years has presented some great opportunities, but also created some restrictions on my 'fandom'.

Elvis said:
Just wanted to thank everyone for the 'thanks' and well wishes.

I would like to clarify though, that while the site is now in the hands of Andy, I'll still be around. I couldn't ever just walk away from Interference, I love it tooooo much :D

On a personal side note.....
The nicest thing about this new chapter, for me, though is that I can be a 'fan' again. Running this site for nearly 12 years has presented some great opportunities, but also created some restrictions on my 'fandom'.

good to hear :up:

imagine if elvis started mucking up as a member :evil:

okay.

strikeout :drool:
white or other colour screen :drool:
quotes-in-one :drool: :drool:
embedded video :drool: :drool: :drool:

are the smileys going to stay the same??

can i also suggest that we dont increase the size for signatures. i saw a bruce springsteen forum the other day, and most of them have like signatures that are like a full page when viewed. that would be horrible having to scroll thru all that.

what about an education kind of forum... where you can make threads about like chemistry and shit like that.

and i just looked up 'rickroll', this must be just me, but how on earth is that funny. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom