A New Chapter for Interference.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone with long names has been very cooperative with me adjusting them :up:

Hey Sicy... will our PMs be disappearing?

*runs away really fast*
Nope, why would they? If you are talking about a name change, that does not cause anything else with your account to change. Sicy just changes it and all the member has to do is use a different name to login, everything else is exactly as it was before.

I think he may be referring to Jeff's snarky message during the upgrade :lol:

Nope, why would they? If you are talking about a name change, that does not cause anything else with your account to change. Sicy just changes it and all the member has to do is use a different name to login, everything else is exactly as it was before.

Ok I just want to post about this since the subject is brought up.

My rule on changing usernames... and under what circumstances I will change them.

(edit to quote revised wording from our Rules & Policies)

Changing usernames
Members cannot change their usernames once they register.
An admin may be able to change a member's username under certain circumstances:

If the username is long and stretches out the forum tables.
If a member wants to shorten it, take out letters or numbers.
If a member wants to shorten it to their nickname on the forums, and only if other members of the forum are already familiar with that nickname.
If a member accidentally registers with their full name and they decide that is not such a good idea.

Changing a member's username is up to the discretion of the admins. We will not completely change a username to something else just because you don't like your username or want something different. It has to be pretty obvious to others that it is the same person. This would be far too confusing for everyone.

This is probably here somewhere, but I have so many guest that Sicy knows about :scream: tell me what the Band-aid means. Besides the one's I'm wearing.
sue4u2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
Premium Member

That's weird. Why did it make a cool link when you quoted me but when I posted it it was just a link :der:

the system takes the title of the page being linked to and uses that as the text of the link. this is done for search engine optimization reasons.

Back
Top Bottom